WorldSSP 2016 Third row start for PJ Jacobsen after German round Superpole Round 9 – Germany

Daily Motorcycle News has moved Here
totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

WorldSSP 2016 Third row start for PJ Jacobsen after German round Superpole Round 9 – Germany

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#WorldSSP 2016 Third row start for PJ @Jacobsen after German round #Superpole Round 9 – #Germany
Lausitzring, Germany

PJ Jacobsen will start tomorrow’s ninth-round World Supersport race from the third row of the grid after finishing ninth in today’s Superpole 2 at the Lausitzring in Germany. The Honda WorldSSP rider clocked in 1’41.954 on his last flying lap before the chequered flag and was 0.3s away from qualifying on row two. The team are currently analysing today’s data in order to evaluate new settings for tomorrow, which will be tried by the young American during the morning’s 15-minute warm up session scheduled for 9am.
The ninth race of the 2016 FIM Supersport World Championship will get underway at 11:20am local time (GMT +2).

Patrick Jacobsen 2
9th
Today was really difficult for us. This is my worst qualifying of the year and in a long time. I don’t want to be too negative but third row on the grid is definitely not where we want to be. I will try my hardest tomorrow but the fact is that we’re still struggling a bit with the set up. I will stay focused and motivated and give it all, rain or shine. My pace is OK, but not good enough to fight for the podium, so we need to come up with something for tomorrow.
- Honda WorldSSP

Pieter Breddels
Technical Manager
We made a change to the gearing for today but unfortunately the track was wet during FP3, so we didn’t get a full confirmation on whether it led to an actual improvement or not. In Superpole we improved our lap time by three tenths of a second but it was definitely not enough to get near the front. We now hope to get a dry warm up because we need to try a couple of more changes ahead of the race. It looks like we’re skirting around the problems without finding the right solution. Nothing is lost, the race is tomorrow and we’ll make sure to be ready for it.
- Honda WorldSSP
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.