Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

SUZUKI FINDS NEW DIRECTION IN SEPANG

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#SUZUKI FINDS NEW DIRECTION IN #SEPANG

Team Suzuki Press Office – February 28.

The Suzuki MotoGP Test Team concluded its three-day test at Sepang International Circuit in Malaysia today with new direction and a stronger performance after testing several new parts and settings.

Test rider Randy De Puniet completed a total of 188 laps of the 5,543km circuit during the three days, shaving almost two-seconds off his initial best time and finishing the final day with a lap of 2:01.430; which put him 12th in the overall standings.

During the test, the Suzuki MotoGP team worked on new electronic ignition settings, tested a new engine and also appraised a new frame today.

Randy De Puniet:

“Today we made good steps with some settings with the electronics by the end of the test and on the last run we found something certainly helped me ride the bike better.

“Overall we reduced our lap-times gap compared to the first test and I'm now more comfortable on the bike. The character is still a little aggressive but now we have got good information and we have some new direction on what to work-on in the future.

“We also tested a new frame today and we plan to further-test with more new settings in the future to further evaluate this.”

Satoru Terada – Suzuki MotoGP Test Team Manager:

“We struggled with lap-times during the first test here in early February but our factory technicians have worked very hard over the past two weeks and we were able to bring several new items here in terms of updated software, engine specifications and a new frame.

“We made some good steps improving here and we also found a clear direction for the future.

“Now we go back to work again for the next test opportunity and I'd like to thank all my staff for their efforts.”
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.