totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

First Moto Guzzi V7 Stone and V7 Racer in N. America arrives

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

MPH Cycles Houston, Texas was the very first Moto Guzzi dealership in North America to receive and have on show these awesome new motorcycle models!

As seen by Total Motorcycle today:

Enjoy! We did! :revv:

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

Re: First Moto Guzzi V7 Stone and V7 Racer in N. America arr

#2 Unread post by HYPERR »

I really want to like the Racer but the styling is just too poser-ish for me...especially for a bike with less than 40 HP at the rear wheel.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

apriliarsv888
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 15
My Motorcycle: 08 Aprilia RSV1000

#3 Unread post by apriliarsv888 »

Yeah I wish they would beef this ting up to compete horsepower wise. I actually have a California Jackal that has been made to look like an old school chopper and it makes around 80hp! So it makes no sense to have something that looks like a cafe racer not at least make that!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

apriliarsv888 wrote:Yeah I wish they would beef this ting up to compete horsepower wise. I actually have a California Jackal that has been made to look like an old school chopper and it makes around 80hp! So it makes no sense to have something that looks like a cafe racer not at least make that!
You are not alone in looking at the raw horsepower figures and think it's low, but the figures you find on the net right now are for the OLD V7 engine. The new 2013 one has "12% more power, 10.2:1 (vs 9.2:1) compression, 6kg less weight, high performance pistons and is 70% new parts and 220 redesigned ones" according to Guzzi. I'd like to see what the new engine increase is on the dyno.

The V7 (390lbs) produces the exact same amount of horsepower as the 2012 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 (620lbs). Check that weight difference and horsepower to weight ratio isn't so bad vs other V-Twin bikes.

Last Saturday I took the V7 out on the highway to test if there was indeed enough horsepower and indeed it will go legal limits quite easily, even in a strong headwind. According to one report I read it will top out around 145mph.

Try one. I was shocked how fun it is to ride!

Mike

BTW - I read it gets 500km's on a tank of gas.

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

BobK
Legendary
Legendary
Years Riding: 43
My Motorcycle: Harley-Davidson XR1200

#5 Unread post by BobK »

totalmotorcycle wrote: According to one report I read it will top out around 145mph.
Umm, having owned a Nevada 750, I think that's a mite optimistic, unless you bolt a supercharger on it. Mine would do around 105 mph.

They are torquey and nimble though.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

BobK wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote: According to one report I read it will top out around 145mph.
Umm, having owned a Nevada 750, I think that's a mite optimistic, unless you bolt a supercharger on it. Mine would do around 105 mph. They are torquey and nimble though.
I haven't worked top speed out myself, but it will do 90mph @ 5,500rpm. Now that's one quick bike. Will it do 145mph? I donno, would you want to on a naked bike? But 90mph isn't a issue.

Mike

For Reference from Moto Guzzi on the Cast Wheels:

- The alloy wheels have allowed a saving of 1440 grams front and 860 on the rear, resulting in lower gyroscopic inertia by approximately 30%, an advantage in terms of dynamics translates into greater road handling and fast cornering.

- Requires 90 octane (US) Fuel

- Requires 10w60 full synth oil

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I found this video interesting as well as it shows a Moto Guzzi V7 on the track. It even catches up and passes a Honda CBR600RR (according to the racer).

Do Not watch if you are prone to motion sickness or seizures!

acerider42
Rookie
Rookie
My Motorcycle: 12/Ducati/Monster

#8 Unread post by acerider42 »

having seen v7 on the road, it is a beautiful looking bike. maybe i'll have to go test ride one.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

acerider42 wrote:having seen v7 on the road, it is a beautiful looking bike. maybe i'll have to go test ride one.
Forsure, give it a go, you won't be disappointed. But be warned, like me you may like it so much you buy one!

Try riding it in 2 "modes" 3,500rpm and under (Cruiser mode), and 4-7500rpm (sportbike mode). See what one you like best. Both suit the bike perfectly. :D

Mike