2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 / Ninja 300R Rumor for 2013.

Do you think there will be a 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300R?

Yes
50%
Maybe
No votes
No
50%

Total votes: 4

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 / Ninja 300R Rumor for 2013.

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Kawasaki "#Ninja® Times Square Takeover" Sets A Global Stage For Reveal Of Newest #Motorcycles
Debut of 2013 sportbikes to highlight daylong celebration of motorcycling activities along Broadway from 45th to 47th Street.

Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. is going big with its global debut of its 2013 line of iconic Ninja® motorcycles in New York's Times Square, Sept. 13. The company will stream a live feed of the reveal of their latest motorcycles during the "Ninja Times Square Takeover" from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Kawasaki is planning a two-block display of motorcycles and a celebration that stretches along Broadway from West 45th to West 47th Street. Highlighting the celebration will be music, giveaways, special celebrity guests and the legendary Kawasaki motorcycles that have helped pioneer the modern sportbike since the introduction of the original Ninja more than 25 years ago.

According to Kawasaki's marketing director, Chris Brull, the new models will be joined by a selection of significant, older models. They will include the original 1984 Ninja as well as the legendary 1973 Z1, hailed as the world's first "superbike" and the motorcycle that set the stage for an entirely new segment over the next few decades.

He said part of the day's closing presentation will include the give-away of two new Ninja motorcycles.

Among the scheduled activities—many of which will be shown on a huge screen above the street—are various staged presentations, unique stunt riding exhibitions by former SPEED TV host, Jason Britton, motorcycle drag race instruction from multi-time national champion, Rickey Gadson, and a collection of free activities for individuals and families.

Kawasaki will also park the Monster Energy Kawasaki Racing transporter on Broadway and Ryan Villopoto, the most decorated professional racer of the past few years will be there to sign posters for onlookers. Prior to suffering an injury early this season, he had captured several championships in 2011, including two of the most prestigious on the racing circuit, the FIM World Supercross Championship, and the AMA Motocross Championship.

Brull said this unique model introduction "brings the brand's core authenticity to a broader audience that will be able to interact with our people, our products and the sport that appeals to more men and women each year."

The marketing director said the concept of the "Ninja Times Square Takeover" grew from internal discussions seeking different ways to bring the company's "Let the good times roll™" philosophy to a broader audience.

"Times Square is recognized as the 'crossroads of the world,' and we're thrilled to be able to share our brand of motorcycle enthusiasm with such a large, diverse group of New York residents and visitors," said Brull.

Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. (KMC) markets and distributes Kawasaki motorcycles, ATVs, Side x Sides, and personal watercraft through a network of more than 1,200 independent retailers, with an additional 7,400 retailers specializing in Kawasaki power products and general purpose engines. KMC and its affiliates employ nearly 3,100 people in the United States, with 300 of them located at KMC's Irvine, California headquarters.

Kawasaki's tagline, "Let the good times roll.™", is recognized worldwide. For five decades, the Kawasaki brand has become synonymous with powerful, stylish and category-leading vehicles.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Re: Kawasaki "Ninja® Times Square Takeover" Sets A Global St

#2 Unread post by Wrider »

I've been hearing all kinds of buzz regarding their small bike this year. No one is really sure if they're bringing back a redesigned 250 (and whether or not it's going FI), or if they're bringing the Ninja 300 and/or 400 to the US.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Well, the Ninja 400 hasn't really be as successful as Kawasaki would have liked for it to be in Canada (could be that the price of the 400 is too close to the 650R). The 250 is still the top small bike choice for them worldwide. Kawasaki used to have a GPz305 back in the day (I seriously considered it at the time for my first bike) it even offered BELT DRIVE (imagine, a belt drive on a Kawasaki!)

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#4 Unread post by High_Side »

Word has it that there is a new Ninja 300 that will fill the void left 30 years ago by the 305 :laughing:

Seriously though, a new Ninja 300 based on a punched out 250 is on its way....

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

High_Side wrote:Word has it that there is a new Ninja 300 that will fill the void left 30 years ago by the 305 :laughing:

Well if that's true, I think Kawasaki is making a serious marketing mistake (IMO) by making the 250 into a 300. There is a strong reason (insurance wise and L permits around the globe) that depend on a 250cc bike or less (and 33hp or less too). I'm sure the 300 is just rumor though as there is nothing from Kawasaki officially as of yet (all this info is from a EPA document filed by Kawasaki* and some rumor site spreading it's 39hp). Then what would they do with a 300 and a 400 ninja? Seriously.

* http://www.epa.gov/otaq/cert/documents/ ... c-ctrr.xls

You will notice that either the 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 rumor is just that as there is no listing for a bike like that in the cited document above (there is a listing for a Ninja 1000 in there) or it's based on some other document/source or they mistook a Ninja 1000 for a Ninja 300?

Mike

High_Side

#6 Unread post by High_Side »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
High_Side wrote:Word has it that there is a new Ninja 300 that will fill the void left 30 years ago by the 305 :laughing:

Well if that's true, I think Kawasaki is making a serious marketing mistake (IMO) by making the 250 into a 300. There is a strong reason (insurance wise and L permits around the globe) that depend on a 250cc bike or less (and 33hp or less too). I'm sure the 300 is just rumor though as there is nothing from Kawasaki officially as of yet (all this info is from a EPA document filed by Kawasaki* and some rumor site spreading it's 39hp). Then what would they do with a 300 and a 400 ninja? Seriously.

* http://www.epa.gov/otaq/cert/documents/ ... c-ctrr.xls

You will notice that either the 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 rumor is just that as there is no listing for a bike like that in the cited document above (there is a listing for a Ninja 1000 in there) or it's based on some other document/source or they mistook a Ninja 1000 for a Ninja 300?

Mike
Time will tell if it is true, however it's not a mistake if they keep the 250 around for insurance or legal limiting markets. For markets where it makes virtually no difference such as Canada a 300 that costs virtually the same as a 250 to produce would be a great option especially when compared to a 400 that costs virtually the same as a 650 to produce (and weighs virtually the same as well). For this reason, if it is true I think that they will have a hit on their hands.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 / Ninja 300R Rumor for 2013.

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I've moved this topic into our Motorcycle Rumor Mill as it is generating quite a bit of interest and renamed it to "2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 / Ninja 300R Rumor for 2013." And congratulations, this topic has hit our main page as well:

2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 / Ninja 300R Rumor for 2013 - Fact or?

Is this the face of the rumored new 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300R? It seems the Total Motorcycle rumor forum is flying with information, facts and guesses whether there is or is not a new 2013 Kawaski Ninja 300 coming out. Would you like to see Kawasaki produce a new Ninja 300R or replace the Ninja 250R? What about the Ninja 400 or wordwide big seller the Ninja 250? Read and join in on the discussion: 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300R, fact or fiction. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=45701
BTW - 2013 Kawaski Ninja 300R? No, but can you guess what it is?
BTW - 2013 Kawaski Ninja 300R? No, but can you guess what it is?

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#8 Unread post by sunshine229 »

I have to agree with High_Side here - if they can replace the 250 with a 300 in markets where it really doesn't matter the size of the engine for a "starter" bike (such as Canada & US), then why not? The 250 does not draw as many buyers as it could in these markets and maybe offering a 300 would help ramp up sales. Then they get rid of the 400 and people can choose between 300 & 650. That makes a lot more sense to me.
Andrea :sun:

High_Side

#9 Unread post by High_Side »

sunshine229 wrote:I have to agree with High_Side here - if they can replace the 250 with a 300 in markets where it really doesn't matter the size of the engine for a "starter" bike (such as Canada & US), then why not? The 250 does not draw as many buyers as it could in these markets and maybe offering a 300 would help ramp up sales. Then they get rid of the 400 and people can choose between 300 & 650. That makes a lot more sense to me.
You're just sucking up to me because I've kidnapped you and am holding you hostage in Canada while TotalMike sits all alone in Texas :P

Psst. TotalMike - I have your wife and have ways of making her talk!(rum and tequila)!! Send more rum and hold the tequila if you ever want to see her again!

BobK
Legendary
Legendary
Years Riding: 43
My Motorcycle: Harley-Davidson XR1200

#10 Unread post by BobK »

I looked at my Slovenian driver's licence and see three classes of motorcycle licence: 1st year of riding is restricted to 125 c.c.; 2nd year, to 250 c.c.; after that, unrestricted. My guess is that most European countries have a similar system. I also guess that there won't be much of a market here for anything between 250 and 650.