Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: Introducing the new 2013 Harley-Davidson Motorcycles on

#11 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

HYPERR wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:
HYPERR wrote:They should have offered the X in the Orange instead of having those two ridiculous color choices of primer black and flat wallboard white.
Yup, the orange version is my favorite one as well. :D

But I say, make a whole line of real Harley-Davidson "sport"sters; that's right put the SPORT back into sportster! Use some of that Buell technology (before it goes to waste) and create something really sporty.

Mike
I would like an updated version of the tuber Buells from the 1990s, but make it look more like a Sportster. Make it light, use a hot rodded sportster engine, top notch suspension, offer it in the orange, and I would buy. :kicking:
That gives me a thought that ties into the Harley-Davidson CVO we have up on the Cool Wall right now, Harley-Davidson should do a XR1200X CVO version. Drop in a 110 ci engine, tuned, into a the XR1200 and not only would the price be "affordable" for a CVO, but dang, that XR1200X CVO would be a blast!

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

Re: Introducing the new 2013 Harley-Davidson Motorcycles on

#12 Unread post by HYPERR »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
HYPERR wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:
HYPERR wrote:They should have offered the X in the Orange instead of having those two ridiculous color choices of primer black and flat wallboard white.
Yup, the orange version is my favorite one as well. :D

But I say, make a whole line of real Harley-Davidson "sport"sters; that's right put the SPORT back into sportster! Use some of that Buell technology (before it goes to waste) and create something really sporty.

Mike
I would like an updated version of the tuber Buells from the 1990s, but make it look more like a Sportster. Make it light, use a hot rodded sportster engine, top notch suspension, offer it in the orange, and I would buy. :kicking:
That gives me a thought that ties into the Harley-Davidson CVO we have up on the Cool Wall right now, Harley-Davidson should do a XR1200X CVO version. Drop in a 110 ci engine, tuned, into a the XR1200 and not only would the price be "affordable" for a CVO, but dang, that XR1200X CVO would be a blast!

Mike
The 110 weighs way too much which already is a problem with the XR. Plus the 110 is not a unit construction so it is super bulky as well. The best route is the hot rodded sportster engine.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS