Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Most powerful twin-cylinder production engine on the planet

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Most powerful twin-cylinder production engine on the planet launched

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Engine.htm

Introducing the incredible new Ducati Superquadro engine; 1199cc, 90 degree, L-Twin, a redline of 11,500 rpm with an amazing 195hp at 10,750 rpm and 98 lb-ft torque at 9,000rpm. It also does not need any major servicing till 15k miles. Available in the upcoming 2012 Ducati Panigale this year. Read on: 2012 Ducati Motorcycle Model Guide

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... ducati.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Most powerful twin-cylinder production engine on the pla

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

That's a pretty amazing engine! Can I have one?

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#3 Unread post by HYPERR »

totalmotorcycle wrote: Image
It does not take away the fact that this is an amazing engine but the graph provided by Ducati is somewhat manipulated. The first thing you notice if you look at it the torque curve and the power curve is that they do not cross at 5252 rpm as it should in a "properly" plotted dyno curve. This is because they have two different Y axis on the chart. This I'm sure was done to make the engine look far torquier than it really is. To get a better grasp of what the torque curve is really like, just shift the torque curve intact downward until it crosses the power curve at 5252 rpm. It now looks lot less impressive. No question the bike produces gobs of horsepower and impressive peak torque; but the torque curve is not that meaty. This engine is not going to have the traditional fat torque of a Ducati but very similar to the power delivery of a Super japanese Four.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

You know, I noticed that too. 5,252 (call me silly, but isn't it 5,500 rpm) is the horsepower and torque curve ALWAYS meet, but you are right, not on this chart. Still, even the fact that the torque curve is steeper than suggested it still ends up at a massive 98 lbs of torque..

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

#5 Unread post by HYPERR »

totalmotorcycle wrote:You know, I noticed that too. 5,252 (call me silly, but isn't it 5,500 rpm) is the horsepower and torque curve ALWAYS meet, but you are right, not on this chart. Still, even the fact that the torque curve is steeper than suggested it still ends up at a massive 98 lbs of torque..
Yep, HP = Torque x RPM ÷ 5252
Thus in a properly charted dyno graph, the two will always intersect at 5252 RPM.

The reason it doesn't is because Ducati has two separate Y axis (one on the left ane one on the right) which is manipulative and deceiving. If the graph was properly charted, the torque curve would fall quite a bit further down. The curve nor the "steepness" will not change, nor the peak torque. It is the relationship betwwen horsepower and torque that will look quite different when the graph is properly charted.
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#6 Unread post by High_Side »

Still, torque curve or no isn't it time for a 95 HP Supermono? Just sayin'.....

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

#7 Unread post by HYPERR »

High_Side wrote:Still, torque curve or no isn't it time for a 95 HP Supermono? Just sayin'.....
Or the DS1100 Evo engine in a new Supersport. :kicking:
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS