Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2012 Victory High-Ball

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2012 Victory High-Ball

Stripped down. Bare bones. A bold throwback. The 2012 Victory High-Ball rumbles down the road in the spirit of the classic bobber with an outright refusal to sacrifice performance along the way. Built piece by piece around the road-pounding 106 Freedom V-Twin, it’s a ride with all the power and agility you’d expect from a Victory. If you’re a pure rider with a passion for old-school styling, this is the bike you fire up for the first time and never look back.

2012 Victory Motorcycle Models
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... ghball.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

zzriderdan
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: 2003 Kaw ZZR 1200

Re: 2012 Victory High-Ball

#2 Unread post by zzriderdan »

Gorgous bike. Better than anything the Motor Company puts out to date. harley's beeen recycling that same antique product for decades. i have to laugh when a magazine does a review on one of they're bikes. it seems like the person doing the review is reaching for something to say positive about the same old same old. What a joke!

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#3 Unread post by Gummiente »

zzriderdan wrote:Gorgous bike. Better than anything the Motor Company puts out to date. harley's beeen recycling that same antique product for decades. i have to laugh when a magazine does a review on one of they're bikes. it seems like the person doing the review is reaching for something to say positive about the same old same old. What a joke!
Welcome to TMW! Post an intro when you get a chance and don't forget to include a pic of your bike. We like ALL bikes here, so there's no worry about someone saying derogatory things about your choice of ride. That type of misfit generally doesn't last very long here anyway and most times it's the other members that drive them off, not the Moderators. :wink:
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

zzriderdan wrote:Gorgous bike. Better than anything the Motor Company puts out to date. harley's beeen recycling that same antique product for decades. i have to laugh when a magazine does a review on one of they're bikes. it seems like the person doing the review is reaching for something to say positive about the same old same old. What a joke!
:welcome2: to the community! :D

I would have to agree with you but to the point that the majority of motorcycle magazines are baised in their motorcycle reviews anyways thanks to their heavy reliance on ad dollars. There are good points and bad points about ANY bike, model or brand. Even if H-D's were perfect, you could still say they are priced high.

Victory motorcycles sure look beautiful though, especially their paint jobs!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

McGlasses
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 2002/Indian/Chief Roadmaseter

#5 Unread post by McGlasses »

I love the look. Is that black powder coat? That would be an awesome affect.
Safety First! Enjoy the Ride!

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#6 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

It's painted in matte black with a satin or frosted clear coat. I've seen some of the Harley's also doing white and silver bikes too.

Powder coating is used mainly on wheels and frames cuz it can be a thicker coating for improved durability and it has much more limited colour options.

The bike looks better in photos, but in person I dont like the satin-matte finishes --- the traditional "rat-bike" look is unfinished matte black and looks much cooler for those types of peojects. Matte black helmets look spiffy this way too.

The satin just defeats the purpose of using matte black in the first place when you try to gloss it up again it becomes a satiny charcoal. The silver and white harley's look even worse, but maybe enough blurry eyed people like them.
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

QuietMonkey wrote:It's painted in matte black with a satin or frosted clear coat. I've seen some of the Harley's also doing white and silver bikes too.

Powder coating is used mainly on wheels and frames cuz it can be a thicker coating for improved durability and it has much more limited colour options.

The bike looks better in photos, but in person I dont like the satin-matte finishes --- the traditional "rat-bike" look is unfinished matte black and looks much cooler for those types of peojects. Matte black helmets look spiffy this way too.

The satin just defeats the purpose of using matte black in the first place when you try to gloss it up again it becomes a satiny charcoal. The silver and white harley's look even worse, but maybe enough blurry eyed people like them.
The matte or matt (depending on how you spell it) is becoming quite popular on bikes and helmets. Although you CAN polish it (they do sell matt polish, but it's not common) polishing it with normal polish does as QM says, brings it to a "stain" finish. The problem with completely flat paint is there is no urethane top coat ( I believe), thus UV and scratch protection is poor.

The traditional rat paint job is a sponge and flat black stove paint. Also a black spray bomb (spray can) or "mexican paint job" works as well. Flat black paint hides the most surface imperfections.

Mike

vampfiend687
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 82 Suzuki GS750

#8 Unread post by vampfiend687 »

we just recently got a Victory dealership around here and I drive by it about once a week. The other day they had 3 2011 highballs sitting out front, I slowed down to drool. The more I see them, the more I want a victory.
"There comes a point in a man's life in which he must be tempted to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken.

gerjets
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 2010/Harley Davidson/Heritage Softail

#9 Unread post by gerjets »

zzriderdan...seriously?...the first response and you try to hijack the thread by bashing HD? Glad the others had sense enough to bring it back.

2012 Victory High-Ball...I like the retro but updated look...whitewalls are cool and everything fits nicely within the frame...jury is out on whether or not I like the turn signals. Thanks for posting!

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#10 Unread post by madjak30 »

Nope...not my style...the Cross Roads, now that is one sweet bike...

@gerjets...don't get bent because someone doesn't get the heritage of the HD brand, every one of us is entitled to our opinion...I'm 40 and I still think I'm too young to appreciate a Harley... :P ...but when I decide to get a cruiser, I'm pretty sure it will say Victory on the tank...just sayin'...but there will be no "Ape Hanger" bars in sight... :wink:

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-