Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Four New 2012 Honda Gold Wings up on Total Motorcycle

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Four New 2012 Honda Gold Wings up on Total Motorcycle

The new 2012 Honda Gold Wings have just been released and you can see them first right here. Check out the four new redesigned futuristic looking GL1800's with full sized photos, features and specifications in our new 2012 Honda Motorcycle Model Guide: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... -honda.htm

Long acknowledged as the pinnacle of two-up motorcycling, the 2012 Gold Wing® continues its remarkable legacy. Its travel-oriented creds include the latest generation of sophisticated electronic amenities, starting with an innovative GPS navigation system with user-friendly programmability for sharing favorite ride routes with friends and other riders, which can be accessed online via computer. The Gold Wing also now incorporates a built-in MP3/iPod® interface for a new SRS CS Auto™ technology surround-sound system for a premium listening experience. In addition to its renowned power-laden yet refined drivetrain and delightfully sporty handling, the 2012 Gold Wing also brings upgraded styling, increased luggage capacity, greater protection from wind and weather, revised suspension settings for enhanced ride compliance, and unparalleled comfort for both rider and passenger. In addition, packages for Navi, ABS and airbag do much to further the Gold Wing's reputation as the most celebrated touring machine in motorcycle history.

There’s big news when it comes to the new 2012 Honda Gold Wing.

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... -honda.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Four New 2012 Honda Gold Wings up on Total Motorcycle

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I think the new redesign looks pretty good considering it's a huge bike. It flows really well.

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Marvin
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2009 Yamaha TMAX, 2005 Yamaha FZ6

#3 Unread post by Marvin »

I would love to own a Gold Wing, but the prices are too high and everybody wants just as much for a used one that I can buy a new one for, I know a guy that has a 98 Gold Wing SE with 65K miles and he wants $9000, the book price on it is $4800, I figured the 98 and the new models are almost the same bike with just minor changes. I offered him $6000 cash and he told me he had $8500 cash in his hand and didn't take it, his price is $9000 firm, he had it in the local classified adds for over a year.
2009 Yamaha TMAX
2008 Suzuki King Quad 750AXI
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 DC Trd Sport, 6 sp manual

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#4 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

Im not a Wing guy at all but this is the only Honda that looks right in this colour scheme ... and my general opinion of Wings is that they are like Honda Civics on two-wheels (and the yellow is worse than a bowl of mustard).... so.... that being said they did a nice job here.

Everything else that they have painted this way looks hideous. So Honda, keep the regal colours for the fat "opera singer" bikes - thank you.
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I'd like to see a naked Gold Wing again like they did in the late 70's... simple, lighter weight and of course, naked. :D

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/modelhis ... -Page3.htm

wiseguy
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2010 Yamaha Vmax

#6 Unread post by wiseguy »

The Valkyrie was the naked 1500cc Goldwing from 97 to 2003.

Is this the naked 1800cc Goldwing?

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I think that is a mock-up by SoloMoto, not an official Honda concept motorcycle (I just checked with Honda USA on their media site and no such mention of it).

Would I buy that if it was real? Ya. :D but then I'm afraid it would be $20,000!

flw
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: '98 Honda Goldwing GL1500se

#8 Unread post by flw »

When I look at the "New and improved Wing" I see my 1500's birthing hips stuck on a fast 1800.

I love my 1500 but with all the cargo room, I'm the woman with the Roomy hips that are normal for some mom's but not for the "girl on the town" with Mr Honda. AKA the studly Mr. 1800

Just my thoughts.
Goldwing 1500se '98
VN500 LTD '07 Sold

wiseguy
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2010 Yamaha Vmax

#9 Unread post by wiseguy »

The Evo6 WAS a Honda concept bike (see article below).
Whether we ever get to ride one is another story.

Here's a clip from that show with a Honda rep talking about the Evo6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqoVVwZu ... re=related

I think it's interesting that the unique headlight design
was used on the CB1000R, minus the LEDs,
in 2008.

By the way, the CB1000R is hitting our shores at the end of May.

http://www.gizmag.com/go/8096/
Honda unveils six cylinder sports motorcycle prototype
By Mike Hanlon
September 27, 2007

Honda will unveil a series of show motorcycles at this year’s Tokyo Motorcycle Show, headed by a radical six cylinder prototype to be known as the EVO6, which will be based on Honda’s six cylinder Gold Wing engine, but in a form far from its long-distance tourer guise. Seemingly aimed squarely at the Suzuki B-King muscle machine which was unveiled at this show four years ago, the 1832cc engine is much lighter and sportier than its touring brethren and is housed in an ultra-modern lightweight frame and is clearly designed for very rapid acceleration.

The bike cuts a dashing figure with its slimmed and sculpted, but clearly muscular horizontally-opposed six cylinder engine, and one of the most significant changes is that it now has one throttle body for each cylinder, compared to it’s tourer sibling’s one on each bank of cylinders. There’s also a five LED headlight, with the lights arranged in a Y-shape, giving it an alien robot façade and with lots of matt-finished alloy, and a medusa-like tangle of three exhausts on each side, it really does look quite distinctive and nothing like anything that has been before it, from any manufacturer.

With Honda’s move to show a six cylinder machine at Tokyo, the trend is beginning to distinctly move towards six cylinder machinery on two-wheels. Suzuki’s six cylinder Stratosphere concept is not yet in production but isn’t far away, Benelli is apparently working on a V6 superbike, and rumours persist that BMW has a six cylinder touring machine in development.

The six cylinder configuration enjoyed a brief period of popularity in the seventies when Kawasaki built the humungously large Z1300 and Honda produced the delightfully balanced CBX, while Benelli added two cylinders to what was basically a Honda CB500 motor to produce the Benelli Sei. All ultimately failed in the market and Honda’s Gold Wing has been the only six cylinder machine on the market for some time.

Several other machines are slated to go on show with the EVO6 in Tokyo, including two variations on an air-cooled CB1100R machine with distinctly retro styling - one harking back to the endurance racers of a quarter century ago, and the other somewhere between the original CB750 of 1969 (the original superbike) and the CB400 which launched a thousand racing careers. There's also an all-new Forza Z scooter, though no details have been released.