Regular
Regular
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: 2015 BMW R1200RT + others

Clearwater Sevina LED Light Kit Review

#1 Unread post by moshe_levy »

Hello All-

This week, we review the biggest, baddest LED light kit in motorcycledom - the sun-shaming 7,500 lumen Clearwater Sevinas! What do you think of these?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mli9MUfM97Y

-MKL

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Re: Clearwater Sevina LED Light Kit Review

#2 Unread post by Hanson »

70 watts and 7,500 lumens each and over $1000 a pair. A pair of Sevinas has about five times the output of a pair of car headlights on high-beam.

The Sevinas are the current leader in the lumens arms race and will provide the owner with a massive ego boost. Perfect for completely blinding all on-come over traffic from far down the road. Think about the light reflect back on the rider from items like traffic signs. What does this do for your night vision when you turn the Sevinas off?

Why not 10,000 or 20,000 or 100,000 lumens?

It should be obvious to even the most obtuse that at some point more light is detrimental and not beneficial and I think the Sevinas are far past that point for riding on public roads.

Everthing I have ever read indicates that Clearwater produces very high quality products, but that does not mean that all of their products are appropriate for use on the street.

Safe Travels,
Richard
ImageImage

moshe_levy
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: 2015 BMW R1200RT + others

Re: Clearwater Sevina LED Light Kit Review

#3 Unread post by moshe_levy »

Hello Richard

There are plenty of non-street uses for them - dual sporting or off roading, for example. As for the street, there is no reason to use them on full power all the time. Dialed down they do not blind at all, but leave you with the option to see far ahead when there is no oncoming traffic.

-MKL