Easy Pull Clutch

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Easy Pull Clutch

#1 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I finally found a solution the extremely stiff clutch lever on my Kawasaki Vulcan 900. I am not the only person to make this complaint. The reach is too far and the pull is very stiff. The result is a sore hand, fingers and arm.

I have been searching and asked many dealers and went on many forums and looked through a lot of on line shops trying to find something that would work. I found nothing that said it work for a Vulcan 900. Or any cruiser except HD. All the adjustable levers or dog leg levers I could find were for sport bikes.

I was to the point where I was considering trading my bike after only 8,000km because of the clutch problem.

This easy pull was installed on Saturday. Wow! What a difference.
Easy Pull on my bike.jpg
I went to Holeshot motorcycle shop to inquire if they had some slimmer grips hoping that would get my hand closer to the lever. No they did no have any in stock. The parts guy handed me this gizmo to go ask the service guy if he thought it would work. It's supposed to be universal but nobody lists it as a cruisers fix. Anyway...the service guy got the mechanic to try it and 20 minutes later I was riding away with a renewed liking for my bike. The gizmo worked.
I only stalled it when I first went to ride away because the friction zone is changed. Other than that, the ride home was so much better than the ride there. The reach is still the same but it does not matter for me now that the pull is easy.

This Easy Pull by Moose Racing actually makes the clutch lever so easy to pull in.

It cost me $45.00 for the part and a bit of labour. Just from the ride this weekend it was worth the price.

Misbehavin
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900

Re: Easy Pull Clutch

#2 Unread post by Misbehavin »

Wow! I can’t thank you enough for this information. I have developed horrible arthritis in my thumb down into my palm. I’ve been searching for a solution to make the clutch easier to pull for almost a year now. I had someone tell me just 2 days ago that the only option I really had was buy a bike with an automatic transmission or quit riding. It was really discouraging. I’m going to order this part and try it. Do you know the specific part number? I also ride a Vulcan 900. It’s a 2007. I’m so glad you posted this and I appreciate your help.

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Re: Easy Pull Clutch

#3 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Compared to the Vulcan, some other motorcycles do have easier clutches.

The one I had is this......https://www.revzilla.com/dirt-bike/moos ... _id=429354

You could also ask your motorcycle mechanic to change the clutch spring. It might help if a lighter spring is used. I did not know that was a possibility when I had my Vulcan, but in a few videos I have seen it is suggested.