Roadgear Carbon Maxx gloves

debtman7
Regular
Regular

Roadgear Carbon Maxx gloves

#1 Unread post by debtman7 »

Just got these today and thought I'd post a quick review.

http://www.roadgear.com/Gloves/Summer/CarbonMaxx/

I was looking for a warm weather glove that was a little beefier, currently I've been using a cheap pair of something or other gloves which have some leather, polyester and carbon fiber knuckles. They work ok but they didn't seem sturdy enough to really protect me. I went with these because they were a web bike world glove of the year in 2008 and roadgear had a $10 off coupon code on their facebook page.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with them. Stitching seems top notch and the leather is beefy, with sold double thick layers on the palm. The one piece carbon fiber knuckle is something I'm used too but I can see the benefit of seperate pieces, someday... Haven't tried them out in hot weather yet but I'd say they'll do fine. At the very least I'd say these are my new benchmark hot weather glove, enough perforated leather to be comfy and enough protection to keep you safe. For $59 they are a nice step up from my previous summer glove. I also like the half gauntlet approach. The top of the glove is a traditional short glove which will allow airflow up the arms of my jacket. The bottom half though has an extension on it giving it more of a full gauntlet wrist protection, complete with padded areas.

My only gripe is that the leather at the base of the thumb on the outside seems really thin. Just this one spot, seems thinner than others and has no material underneath. I'm not overly confident that should that area drag along asphault, that they wouldn't tear or shred quickly. I'm not sure if this was done to get a lot of air in that area, or because this is a spot that isn't often in contact with the ground on a crash or what.

zeligman
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 02 Suzuki Volusia 800 (in salvage :( )

Re: Roadgear Carbon Maxx gloves

#2 Unread post by zeligman »

my olfactories detect a rodent...
still recovering - back to crutches, then walking with a stick, then running - then hopefully riding again!

debtman7
Regular
Regular

Re: Roadgear Carbon Maxx gloves

#3 Unread post by debtman7 »

zeligman wrote:my olfactories detect a rodent...
Eh? Not a fan of these?

I'm hoping to pick up a beefy pair of full gauntlet gloves in the near future and save these for the hot days. They might have swayed me with the $10 off though, in retrospect maybe I should have spent the extra money on a pair of held air gloves. Ah well, these guys will do.