Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Jacket and Gloves

#1 Unread post by Wrider »

So I'm finally getting around to getting another jacket and pair of gloves.
I like the original Tourmasters Transitions jacket, so I'm thinking about getting a Transitions 2 this time.

Also thinking about getting PowerTrip Grand National gloves. After the last wreck went right through my mechanixwear gloves and ground my knuckle almost to the bone I'm determined to get a set of armored knuckles.
Jacket http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/ ... acket.aspx
Gloves http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/ ... loves.aspx
Anyway looking for feedback/reviews if you have them?
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

bandit600
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 10

Re: Jacket and Gloves

#2 Unread post by bandit600 »

This is probably not incredibly helpful but I have the tourmaster jett series 2 jacket and I'm happy with it. It was advertised as having the triple density articulated back protector as well and that's the only thing that was disappointing. My old Joe Rocket ballistic jacket had a back protector which seemed a lot more robust but it wasn't articulated (didn't bend).

Also I wish they offered all jackets in neon yellow. Mine only offered mundane colors that don't grab cagers eyes. Given the option would have definitely gotten the highlighter colored jacket.
2003 Suzuki SV1000S
1999 600cc Suzuki Bandit - SOLD

Thumper
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: '14 BMW F700GS

#3 Unread post by Thumper »

I had those gloves and really liked them...not sure what happened to them, likely in a box in the garage somewhere, but when I was wearing them I liked them. Fairly comfortable other than my little finger going numb, but I have that problem with most gloves (it's me not the gloves...)

I have some Tour Master pants--not the same line as that jacket--but they're well made and I haven't worried about going down in them. Mine are pretty much cold weather only since they don't vent at all, but if they did 'd be wearing 'em year round.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#4 Unread post by Wrider »

Good to hear! I just picked up the gloves today as well an an axle tool. Next paycheck will be spent on a jacket and a chain breaker/riveter!
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha