Legendary 300
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 2000 ZG1000

Joe Rocket jacket

#1 Unread post by Amdonim »

I've been thinking about buying this jacket from Joe Rocket:

http://www.joerocket.com/catalog/index. ... ile_Jacket

I'm gonna get it in Yellow. I've really wanted to get something to kinda show my Honda pride, plus I really really really dig this jacket in yellow. It looks good while at the same time saying "Hey please take some time out from your emailing to avoid me please kthx".

Anyway, has anyone used one of these? I tried it on at the local shop but I just wanted an opinion about in action.

GLsouris
Rookie
Rookie

#2 Unread post by GLsouris »

I got a Joe Rocket mesh jacket from "New Enough", and I like it. The price was great too at $49, and it fit as they said. They have some good deals on some times.
Larry

Amdonim
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#3 Unread post by Amdonim »

I got it finally and it's pretty sweet. It's brighter yellow than the picture does justice. My only thing is that it's not really designed for a cruiser, so the ventilation system doesn't work so well behind a cruise windshield. Other than that, it's very comfortable. And it's got snaps instead of velcro, huge plus in my book.

Amdonim
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#4 Unread post by Amdonim »

So I've put just over 1500 miles on the jacket, and I really like it. It's stays in place much better than my old one, mostly due to loops that you snap around your belt. My earlier observations of poor ventilation was spot on, again due to being designed for the smaller windshields present on sport bikes. However, it's not as hot as one would imagine being non-mesh. I rode several hours in 95 degree weather and it felt great (mostly due to wearing nothing but some under armour beneath it). On the note of looks, I've gotten several comments on how good it looks, and it's definitely more visible than my old gray and black jacket. I'm planning on buying a thinner and shorter windshield down the line and hopefully that'll alleviate some of my vent problems. Overall, two thumbs up!