The problem with my HJC...want a quiter helmet. kinda long

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#11 Unread post by blues2cruise »

In the meantime...until you get your new helmet.....use the back of a spoon to gently push in the foam where it is too tight on the front of your head. Just a litle bit then try it on...I have done this with 2 helmets and it has worked quite well.

Save up your cash and invest in a pair of custom fitted earplugs...they can also be made for listening to music....the custom ones are more comfortable than the ones you have to squish...

dragonsfire23
Rookie
Rookie

Re: The problem with my HJC...want a quiter helmet. kinda lo

#12 Unread post by dragonsfire23 »

Funderbird wrote:
My problem is that if I ask "what is the quietest helmet" I am going to get a bunch of opinions from different perspectives.
This helmet comparison chart has a listing of various helmets rated on several factors - one of them being noise. People can rate each helmet so you can get a general idea of what the overall consensus is on each one:

http://www.alivetoride.com/motorcycle_h ... ison_chart

sikander
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2006/pulsar

#13 Unread post by sikander »

Whenever you buy a helmet , make sure your head fits into its proper shape . I have had problems with my helmet because of my round shape head and most helmets are not designed that way .

Marvin
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2009 Yamaha TMAX, 2005 Yamaha FZ6

#14 Unread post by Marvin »

The higher priced helmet brands come in 3 different head shapes (oval, round, egg), then you must measure for your size.
I own 11 helmets and the best full face I own is the Suomy Vandal, its light, fits perfect and almost no wind noise, the best cheaper priced full face I own is the KBC Force Blade RR, I also suggest go to a Harley Dealer and look at the HD Brand Helmets, I have no idea who makes them for HD, but they are a high quality, good fitting and comfortable helmet, ( yes I own one even if I don't own a HD )

http://www.helmetboys.com/pages/How-to- ... Sizes.html
2009 Yamaha TMAX
2008 Suzuki King Quad 750AXI
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 DC Trd Sport, 6 sp manual

apriliarsv888
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 15
My Motorcycle: 08 Aprilia RSV1000

#15 Unread post by apriliarsv888 »

I have a scorpion but its a full face helmet that ventilates really well. Are you just looking at half helmets? It does sound like a fitment problem too I have had that on an Icon helmet I bought. Damn thing was to big and would actually slide and obstruct my view if I moved a certain way. No fun playing peek a poo on a bike :) got the same helmet in a size smaller and it was perfect.