Air Horn: Stebel Nautilus

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#11 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

Brackstone wrote:Yes I finally have it installed on my bike and it RIPS :D

I haven't heard anyone hear it :)
Using that horn on someone you KNOW is gonna do something stupid - once they do - is positively comical!! Flying elbows and a mad swerve back into their lane, followed by a head swivel to look for the Big Truck that almost creamed them.

I "get to" use my horn every couple months. Usually on the Beltway.

P
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

Keithva99
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male

VERY LOUD!

#12 Unread post by Keithva99 »

I bought this horn for my Kawasaki Drifter 800 and it fit fine in spot for the original horn. This is the LOUDEST horn you will ever find and EVERYONE hears and IMMEDIATELY responds to it.

Be sure to remember that you, the rider, will be closer to the horn than anyone on the road - it will hurt your ears - so you will use it only when really necessary.

Keithva99

MS_Steve
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

#13 Unread post by MS_Steve »

Installed the Chrome Stebel Nautilus horn on my S83 Boulevard a couple of months ago. It's GREAT, quite an attention-getter.
The way mine was mounted, the air intake was kind of pointed toward the front, the instructions recommend a hose directed to the rear, so road debris doesn't collect (and get consumed) in the air intake.
I've also heard, several have died a quiet death after a couple of months...it's possible they had some foreign objects (road grit) drawn into the compressor.

Anyhoooo, I give a Thumbs Up to the Stebel Nautilus Horn.... I'm thinking of getting on for my Corolla.

MississippiSteve

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#14 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

I had to replace the relay in my SNC, after riding some distance, in HEAVY rain. The original relay wasn't terribly high quality, but the Radio Shack one has performed as needed ever since.

P
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

viru87
Rookie
Rookie

#15 Unread post by viru87 »

I have heard good response for stebel... One of my friend also uses it and he is happy with it...
[url=http://www.readybike.net]Trek Bikes[/url]