Leatherup.com

MS_Steve
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

LeatherUp

#11 Unread post by MS_Steve »

I order a pair of unisex chaps, they arrived within a week. They are of decent quality for the price, and they been worn a lot in the last 3 months.
I then ordered a pair of Classic Leather pants (in case this sickle thing don't work out, I can always fall back as a Jim Morrison crooner). Anyhooo, the pants arrived with a seperated zipper. I called customer service, and was promptly given the option of getting a local seamstrist to replace the zipper, return the pants and and take a cash payment, or return them and have them replace the pants. I also kept in contact with the initial customer service rep that handled my 1st email.
I got kind of nervous during the trans-shipment back to CA, because my size was selling like hotcakes. I fired off an email asking for them to hold a pair of 32's so I wouldn't have to wait for them to restock.
They either held back a pair in my size or the shipment arrived in time before they were sold out in 32. The day before I got a re-confirmation my size sold out.
All in all it took about 3 1/2 weeks of hassle. But they look and feel good, especially when I "break on through to the other side....... with my LA woman, LA woman, gonna have to do"

MississippiSteve

whip
Regular
Regular

#12 Unread post by whip »

I ordered some Bags from them and they were defective and they refused to take them back.

I'll never use leatherup again.
Beware of leatherup.com!!!

fong47
Regular
Regular

#13 Unread post by fong47 »

The bottom line here is that you always have to read the company policy and decided whether you are up for that. Yes, of course, online is definitely cheaper compare to a brick and mortar store. I really have big doubts on site or store that are selling way below competitors price especially helmet. For example, I found a Suomy helmet that costs $374, Upon doing my research, I found another site selling it for $289 and this really wonders me if this is use, defective, bootleg, etc...So buyer, beware and use your common sense. If it's too good to be true, it's probably is.

redwing
Elite
Elite

try the bbb

#14 Unread post by redwing »

An option you might have is to contact the Better Business Bureau. The office of the BBB you contact to complain to has to be in the same city as the company. Usually a web sight has a contact option in their header and the company's address is listed there. Then go to the BBB web sight and find an office in the company's area. In the past I complained to the BBB about a phone bill. The BBB acted as a third party and reviewed and contacted the phone company in my behalf. It had an affect.:D The BBB rates companies as being responsible or not. Leatherup might respond to the BBB thinking it would be good for their business. If you find out how to get a rating from the BBB about a company before one buys ... I would like to find out how.
2008 BMW R1200R and is it sweet...

James317
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: Yamaha

Re: Leatherup.com

#15 Unread post by James317 »

cool company. But they should improve their Return and Exchange police. I was tied when I have to get my money back from them.