Hyosung GT250R Comet Review

Hyosung Boy
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

Hyosung GT250R Comet Review

#1 Unread post by Hyosung Boy »

Gday Mates

I thought since these Hyosungs are pretty new to the western world i would chuck my own rider opinion of the bike i brought a few days ago.

Save alot of reading im SUMMARY:
Looks sexy, cheap, quite a good all rounder, great beginers bike or ladies sports bike, nothing about it screams fantastic its just a good bike and a good deal for the price.

Little More Detail:

Firstly most tech specs on my bike can be found here:
http://www.hyosungmotors.com.au/GT250R.html

I believe this bike carries the 600cc + look to a sports bike as apose to alot of 250cc who run with a real slim line 125cc look which makes this bike quite appealing, it looks like the real deal and as a 22 year old single lad having girls say "nice bike" is a big thing.

Brakes arnt the best in the world (2x front disc 1x back disk) and probably will need replacing if you intend on ridding the bike hard, but at the end of the day they only have to stop a 250cc so they are quite ample.

Tyres - need changing if you intend on using this bike to its fullest you will quickly realise the tyres are rather average.

LCD display with anolog taco is quite nice, mixes old with new quite well.

The bike is extreemly light, hence great beginner bike or ladies bike even with a full tank and a person on the back.

The frame of the bike seems to be designed for people around 6ft, i am 173cm tall and i can have both feet flat on the ground perfectly as apose to alot of japanese 250cc which make you feel like your almost ridding a mini bike.

The engine, ok yes its no rocket ship and ill give you that, but chances are if your buying a bike for speed your not buying a 250cc 4 stroke anyway, however i have heard with a few mods the bikes can become hell of alot better in top end speed and acceleration.

So thats about it if there is anything else you want to ask me about this type of bike go ahead, i am a computer programmer not a mechanic so ill help as much as i can. :D
Cars: safety cages for boys

Chris8187
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#2 Unread post by Chris8187 »

Why are two disc brakes in the front and one n the back bad? I would think that is pretty good. The only way you can get better brakes, I thought, was to get higher tech disc brakes.

Hyosung Boy
Rookie
Rookie

#3 Unread post by Hyosung Boy »

Chris8187 wrote:Why are two disc brakes in the front and one n the back bad? I would think that is pretty good. The only way you can get better brakes, I thought, was to get higher tech disc brakes.
Sorry i meant the hyosung brand of brakes as in you can get better disc brakes than the ones they have on there, both the pads and disc are pretty average.
Cars: safety cages for boys

kabob983
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: imaginary motorcycle...

#4 Unread post by kabob983 »

You know, that's the most attractive 250cc bike I've ever seen...

And the dealer just up the road from me just started carrying Hyosung's. Hrm...
2000 Kawasaki Ninja EX500R (Sold)
2006 Suzuki SV650S (Stolen 4/08, recovered 12/08, sold 3/09)
2004 Suzuki SV650S (Sold)

Being bikeless SUCKS!!!

Heimdall Einherjar
Elite
Elite

#5 Unread post by Heimdall Einherjar »

My stance on Korean bikes is the same as on Korean cars...

Don't waste your money.

CNF2002
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#6 Unread post by CNF2002 »

Thats a great looking 250. Nice dash. Dont see a price.

My worry is reliability.
2002 Buell Blast 500 /¦\
[url=http://www.putfile.com][img]http://x10.putfile.com/3/8221543225.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=11790]Confessions of a Commuter[/url]

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '06 Suzuki GSX-R 750

#7 Unread post by VermilionX »

yeah, if im gonna buy a 250 bike... i'll get this one from aprilia.

Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

whatwasthat
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

#8 Unread post by whatwasthat »

hey im a noob to bikes would this be a good beginers ?

seeing as they are around the same price new as a clean used cbr250rr (from what ive seen) i'd be leaning towards the gt250r.

on yeh hows the insurance goiing for you im 23 @ sydney so i guess it'd be relatively the same yeh?

thanks

DivideOverflow
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#9 Unread post by DivideOverflow »

I started on the Hyosung GV250, the cruiser version, but the same engine. It was a great bike, ran great! I didn't have any problems with reliability... These bikes are used around the world very extensively, and there are people racking up big miles on these!

This is the perfect bike for a new rider. I would easily recommend it to anyone looking for a first bike.
2008 BMW K1200S
2003 Z1000 - For Sale
1979 KZ650B - Work in progress
2005 Ducati SS 1000DS - sold :'(
1994 VFR750 Interceptor - sold
1984 VF700F Interceptor - sold
2004 Hyosung GV250 - sold

keysman
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

#10 Unread post by keysman »

I think there are a lot of new riders out there that are dead set on getting a new bike instead of a used one. I think this is a great option for those people. It's inexpensive and it should be great to learn on. When you drop this bike it's not going to hurt as bad as dropping something more expensive. Once you get 12 - 24 months under your belt then upgrade to something better.
New Hotness: 2005 Yamaha FJR1300
Old & Busted: 2003 BMW F650CS