flw
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: '98 Honda Goldwing GL1500se

Looking for opinions on 90's Suzuki DR125 and GN125

#1 Unread post by flw »

Opinions on early 1990's Suzuki DR 125 and GN 125 I found on craiglist.

This would be for in town riding only but some trail would be nice. I like the dual sport of the DR but condition is more important due to age of bikes.

What I want to know is do either of these bikes have known issues short of long term? Anythying I should pay special attention to if I go look at them other than the usual items.

Thanks
Goldwing 1500se '98
VN500 LTD '07 Sold

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

Re: Looking for opinions on 90's Suzuki DR125 and GN125

#2 Unread post by Gummiente »

I've seen several similar posts by you where you're looking for owner's opinions on different bikes and I'd like to make a suggestion that could make things easier for you to get the answers you want... whenever I get the urge to get a new or different bike, I do a Google search for owner's groups specific to a particular model. For example, when I was looking at getting my Dnepr MT10 I found an owners group (Dneprheads) on Yahoo Groups, signed up and began pestering the members with questions. I find that you get much more detailed and relevant information this way that normally won't be seen elsewhere, things like known issues from the factory and owner tips and tricks on how to overcome them, for example. Most owner's forums will allow you to browse as a guest without having to register and log in, but some require that you do. Either way, pretty much all of them welcome questions from potential owners so it would be well worth your while to start surfing the net to see what's out there for the bikes and scooters you're interested in.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

flw
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: '98 Honda Goldwing GL1500se

#3 Unread post by flw »

I think I understand your point.

What I don't like is signing up for forums just for a few questions. Some do let guests post but the ones I've seen do not (I cannot only assume its to keep the bots off). I have enough junk mail already.

Since this is a very well rounded forum, it seems to me to post this question here once makes sense, rather than in several forums.

If no one reply's that ok. Its only a question.
Goldwing 1500se '98
VN500 LTD '07 Sold

Gummiente
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#4 Unread post by Gummiente »

flw wrote:I think I understand your point.

What I don't like is signing up for forums just for a few questions. Some do let guests post but the ones I've seen do not (I cannot only assume its to keep the bots off). I have enough junk mail already.

Since this is a very well rounded forum, it seems to me to post this question here once makes sense, rather than in several forums.

If no one reply's that ok. Its only a question.
All valid points there, it's just that the owner's forums tend to be much smaller but more populated with the particular bike you may be interested in, while TMW is frickin' GLOBAL, baby, but with much fewer owners for specific brands/models.

Obviously, though,TMW is far superior in terms of camaraderie, fun and gratuitous nudity and I would never recommend anyone to permanently leave us in search of answers elsewhere.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride