Honda or Harley?

AlphaZed
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#151 Unread post by AlphaZed »

Aggroton wrote:if you like hanging out with tuff guys or with guys that think they are tuff or with yuppies who think they are tuff...get the harley...if you want to blend in with the menagerie of the biking world id get the honda...

btw im very wary of the watercooled engines...for the same reason you are...but i have no experience.

me im tuff. im going to get a 883 hugger. :laughing:
Go Honda, Star, Kawi, etc.

And water cooled engines are WAAAY more reliable than air cooled! The extra weight and complexity are well worth it!

earl
Rookie
Rookie

#152 Unread post by earl »

by the 883! my nabour bout one in 1987 and hes got over 200000klmwith no mager truble i got an 88 with 6500klm than but over 100000klm on it only reason i parked it is i got a deal on 70 fxdb they are indistrutable if you do mantsneice reguler. [ sorry about my spelling]

RC DAVE
Elite
Elite

HONDAS DONT BREAK

#153 Unread post by RC DAVE »

THE COOLING SYSTEM ON A HONDA IS ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS. I TEND TO BE A BIG HONDA FAN BUT HEY ITS A HONDA THEY TEND TO BE OVER ENGINEERED FOR THE AVERAGE JOE THAT RIDES THEM TO DEATH
MY RC HAS BEEN PROBLEM FREE FROM DAY ONE AND I RIDE IT RATHER HARD AT TIMES, CHANGE THE OIL AND MOVE ON HD HAS COME ALONG WAY FOR SURE BUT THE RESALE ISN'T THERE LIKE THE 90'S THE TRADERS ARE FULL OF THEM GOOD LUCK CANT GO WRONG WITH THE HONDA THOUGH
SEMPER FI
05 RC-51
06 800 bulevard
05 XR- fiddy
WISH I HAD A 1098

RC DAVE
Elite
Elite

PS

#154 Unread post by RC DAVE »

MY MOTHER IN LAW HAS AN 83 ITS KINDA SLOW IN STOCK TRIM NOTHING PIPES AND JETS WOULDNT SOLVE I'M SURE.
SEMPER FI
05 RC-51
06 800 bulevard
05 XR- fiddy
WISH I HAD A 1098

xdixiecratx
Veteran
Veteran

lol

#155 Unread post by xdixiecratx »

I just noticed this post started in 2005 and ya ll still argueing about it so Ill put my 2 cents in. I ride a 2000 wide glide, and a 2004 honda shadow. I can say first hand a sportster aint half the bike a shadow is, yes I said half. If you want a harley buy a harley,If you want a sportster buy a shadow.