RockBottom
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2010 BMW R1200R

Re: BMW F800ST

#11 Unread post by RockBottom »

jstark47 wrote:Sounds like a lot of the problems with the F800ST were electrical or electronics related. My wife just got a recall on her F650GS, but it's for the chain, one of the parts it doesn't share with the F800ST.

Belated congrats on your R1200R, rockbottom. It looks sweet. Friend of mine at work has an '04 (?) R1150R, she parked next to me today as a matter of fact. I sneaked a peek at her odometer: 4,900 miles. Bike's hardly broken in. She's happy with it, though.
I've been a bit slow on the miles-- I've had it 2 1/2 months and won't hit 8,000 until this coming weekend.
planet Earth is blue
and there's nothing I can do

jaskc78
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: N/A

Re: BMW F800ST

#12 Unread post by jaskc78 »

I'd be very interested in hearing about maintenance costs or any issues or oddities you've noticed with the R1200R. My friend owns a dealership in town and will be at an auction this Friday buying either the R1200R or one of the two Honda CB900's I found in the auction preview. Biggest concern with the BMW is the maintenance costs, but I'd really like to know if there's as bad as everyone seems to say or if it's mostly a carry-over from days long gone like the supposed reliability and leaking issues with HD bikes.
"Dude, women are like Vol-Tron. The more you can hook up the better it gets!" --RvB
Currently waiting on a new hip before I can get a new bike.