TGB Delivery Scooter

Grumpy Mechanic
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

TGB Delivery Scooter

#1 Unread post by Grumpy Mechanic »

TGB Delivery 50 and 150 Scooters

Aimed at any business with multiple short trip delivery requirements, Taiwan Golden Bee’s (TGB) “Delivery” line of scooters make a bold statement of practicality and environmental sustainability. These are good, purpose-built machines, designed to withstand the rigors of commercial delivery service.

The well-painted bright yellow bodywork, combined with the large advertising space available on the cargo box ensures great mobile advertising. It was difficult to scoot around unnoticed.

The controls follow standard scooter protocol, with the front and rear brakes being controlled with hand levers. The front disc / rear drum combination worked fine, and there were never any moments of panic related to lack of braking efficiency.

Riding position should be reasonable for most operators. With a padded backrest built-in as part of the delivery box, the seating position ends up being comfortable. The seat itself is firm and offers good support. The floor board is of sufficient size, and the front bodywork offers good lower body protection from the wind.

The lockable delivery box on this scooter is what sets it apart from any other machine. The box is quite simply huge – 150 liters of volume. The box is manufactured out of a hard plastic, which should offer reasonable service life. The lid has a generous seal to provide protection from the elements. One small complaint centered around the lock mechanism, which was awkward to latch correctly on a consistent basis.

TGB obviously had fast food delivery in mind with the design of this cargo box. There is an optional soft inner bag that fits into the main compartment. The bag is electrically heated, and runs off the scooter’s charging and battery system.

The Delivery is available with two engine options – a 50cc two-stroke cycle oil-injected engine, and a 150cc four-stroke cycle engine. The 150 incurs a 16 kg weight penalty, but puts out twice the power of the 50cc model. The 150 is dimensionally bigger in some areas. The rider would notice a difference in the sound of the engine and the power output. Otherwise, the machines feel the same.

Both engine options are delivered with auto-choke Mikuni carburetors and constantly variable transmissions. As with most scooters these days, start the engine, turn the throttle and ride. These scooters are equipped with kick stands on both sides of the machine in an effort to ease parking.

These machines are relatively inexpensive to purchase and maintain. The money saved on fuel costs alone will go a long way toward paying for the scooter within a few years. Maintenance costs and insurance is also less compared to other delivery vehicle options.

As a testament to the reliability of these scooters, Cobra Powersports, based out of Atlanta, Georgia, performed a coast to coast torture test on three of the 150cc models, without any mechanical failures. Read the complete story at http://www.cobrasales.com/news/cobrapow ... 112004.htm .

Equipped as tested, the suggested retail price for Delivery 50 is $3199.00 and $3899.00 for the Delivery 150, before pre-delivery inspection and taxes.

The test units were supplied by Don McKellar of Go 4 It Sales in Okotoks, Alberta. Check out www.go4itsales.ca to locate a dealer near you.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#2 Unread post by jstark47 »

Is this a review or an advertisement?
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

Grumpy Mechanic
Rookie
Rookie

Ad or Review

#3 Unread post by Grumpy Mechanic »

Review. Most people don't even know something like a delivery scooter exists. Go4It sales gave me one to test for an afternoon. I included the cross-country torture test link because I thought it would be of interest. Didn't want the piece to come across as an advertisement.

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#4 Unread post by Johnj »

Hey I delivered pizza all over Vice City.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Amdonim
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 2000 ZG1000

#5 Unread post by Amdonim »

From NYC to LA on scooters? Must frequent BDSM clubs on the weekends.

fong47
Regular
Regular

#6 Unread post by fong47 »

From NYC to LA on scooters? are you serious??