Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#11 Unread post by High_Side »

Dragon on Wheels wrote:
High_Side wrote:
Dragon on Wheels wrote:
jmillheiser wrote:lets hope it comes over and the naked version comes too.

looks like a successor/upgrade to the FZ6.
I hope it comes over to North America too!

Can anyone tell me how it's different from the FZ6 though? It looks very similar (if not the same)...at least to my untrained eye.
Tube frame vs. aluminum and missing about 15-20 h.p. It would interesting to see if it gained any torque from the tuning change.
So it's a less powerful fz6? Also, what's the difference between tube frame and aluminum? (I'll assume aluminum is made of aluminum, but what is tube? man...that sounds like a stupid question... :oops: )
It must be less powerful as I believe that the FZ6 was rated at around 90-95 h.p. Hopefully with the de-tune they fattened up the torque down low.

As for the difference between aluminum and tubular steel: aluminum has long been considered the "upgrade" as it is more expensive to manufacture and typically ends up lighter than a steel alternative. That didn't seem to phase Ducati however who still run a tube frame in their championship winning superbike. I find it interesting that Yamaha would go to the effort of developing two completely different frames for such similar bikes. There really doesn't seem to be that much difference in appeal between an FZ6 and a Diversion 600.

Mike: Why don't you perform some investigative journalism and test ride these two and give us a full ride report????? :mrgreen:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#12 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

High_Side wrote: Mike: Why don't you perform some investigative journalism and test ride these two and give us a full ride report????? :mrgreen:
I'll see what I can do. :D

I sat on both the FZ6S and FZ6N and the XJ600 (naked and 1/2 faired) at the show and found the XJ600 to be more "tour comfortable" vs the FZ6's. Unfortunately, they were all "bolted" to the floor so I couldn't tell weight.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

meghna87
Rookie
Rookie

#13 Unread post by meghna87 »

Nice bike. It is also comfortable.