Road Star or C90t?

wellsj
Rookie
Rookie

Road Star or C90t?

#1 Unread post by wellsj »

I need some opinions because I like the looks of both bikes. I have ridden the Yamaha but not the Suzuki. I found the perfect deal on the Yamaha and don't want to miss out. Have not found a C90T to ride yet and if I buy the Star I don't want to always wonder. Any pros or cons on either bike? Also would the C50 be enough bike for trips to the mountains or weekend trips with a rider as I have heard that at 80mph or so you get a vibration that makes it uncomfortable?

jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

Re: Road Star or C90t?

#2 Unread post by jonnythan »

wellsj wrote:I need some opinions because I like the looks of both bikes. I have ridden the Yamaha but not the Suzuki. I found the perfect deal on the Yamaha and don't want to miss out. Have not found a C90T to ride yet and if I buy the Star I don't want to always wonder. Any pros or cons on either bike? Also would the C50 be enough bike for trips to the mountains or weekend trips with a rider as I have heard that at 80mph or so you get a vibration that makes it uncomfortable?
This your first bike?
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnythan/sets/]Flickr.[/url]

wellsj
Rookie
Rookie

#3 Unread post by wellsj »

No this would be my forth, although this is bigger than anything I have owned in the past. I have ridden for about 20 years, just not so much in the last 5 or so. I want to get away from the sport bike side of things and want something to go to work on and make short trips with the wife.

Big B
Site Supporter - Platinum

#4 Unread post by Big B »

the roadstars are nice, but kind of a dog. never really had any come in with issues. i'd go more towards the yamaha roadliner or stratoliner if you're looking for a bike that size, it's much smoother, but does have that ugly "O Ring" headlight. either way, you'll not have many problems with either bike, or the zuke, but they're both pretty big bikes for short trips and going to work.
Come join the super cool fun fun brand new fresh scented Triumph Usergroup!
Fun for the whole Family!

wellsj
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by wellsj »

You say that they are both big for commuting and weekend trips, what would your alternative bike be?

Big B

#6 Unread post by Big B »

i'm not saying they're too big, just sayin they're big. i ride a vtx1800 myself and take many a short trip and commute on it, i also ride on many longer trips with it, but the mpg is pretty horrible. an alternative would be a v-star 1300, or vtx 1300, but it really boils down to what you like. if you want a bigger bike, and are experienced enough (and from what you say, it certainly appears you are) then by all means go for it
Come join the super cool fun fun brand new fresh scented Triumph Usergroup!
Fun for the whole Family!

wellsj
Rookie
Rookie

#7 Unread post by wellsj »

Well I went back t the showroom again today and am thinking a FJR1300 might suit my needs better, still not sure.

BAJACRUISER
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#8 Unread post by BAJACRUISER »

And finally.... What was your choice and how is going after six months of your post......

BAJA CRUISER 8)
Road Star Silverado 1700 2005
Suzuki Boulevard M50 2007 (sold)

www.californiosmotoclub.com.mx

[img]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii252/bajacruiser/DSC04339-1.jpg[/img]

wellsj
Rookie
Rookie

#9 Unread post by wellsj »

Actually I had forgot about this post. I ended up buying an 07 FJR 1300 and it has turned out to be the best decision I ever made. Picked up the bike in Miami and rode it back to Atlanta the last week in June and have logged over 9000 miles since. There is a great community of fellow FJR owners out there and I have I jumped right in. The FJR provides everything that I was looking for, It had the ability for short trips or just ride to work with the hard bags and fuel range with a 6.6 gal. tank and has plenty of power for two up. The best part is it is a absolute thrill to ride every time I get on it and I go out of my way to ride it.

BAJACRUISER
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#10 Unread post by BAJACRUISER »

wellsj wrote:Actually I had forgot about this post. I ended up buying an 07 FJR 1300 and it has turned out to be the best decision I ever made. Picked up the bike in Miami and rode it back to Atlanta the last week in June and have logged over 9000 miles since. There is a great community of fellow FJR owners out there and I have I jumped right in. The FJR provides everything that I was looking for, It had the ability for short trips or just ride to work with the hard bags and fuel range with a 6.6 gal. tank and has plenty of power for two up. The best part is it is a absolute thrill to ride every time I get on it and I go out of my way to ride it.
Congrats for your FJR ! This morning I was reading a Rider Magazine and I saw this bike, and liked me a lot.....

With 9000 miles en 6 months you really ride on this....

But we dont are going to believe you, until you post a pic of the FJR :laughing:
Road Star Silverado 1700 2005
Suzuki Boulevard M50 2007 (sold)

www.californiosmotoclub.com.mx

[img]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii252/bajacruiser/DSC04339-1.jpg[/img]