2008 V Star 1300 Tourer

Rzrbk62
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male

2008 V Star 1300 Tourer

#1 Unread post by Rzrbk62 »

Husband & I just bought 2 brand new V Star 1300 Tourers; ride is super smooth, but when we hit a noticeable bump in the road there is a horrible rattle that comes from up around the handlebar area on both bikes. Any other 1300 owners experience this? We just got them home & the weather turned bad so we haven't had a chance to get them back to the dealer yet; but the dealer said all the 1300s have this rattle!??

Big B
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

#2 Unread post by Big B »

not all 1300's make noise like that. the one's we'd come across that would either needed the head bearings retorqued, (very rarely) or tighten the headlamp back down after the guy who installed the windscreen forgot to (happened once or twice)
Come join the super cool fun fun brand new fresh scented Triumph Usergroup!
Fun for the whole Family!

Bubba
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

Re: 2008 V Star 1300 Tourer

#3 Unread post by Bubba »

Rzrbk62 wrote:Husband & I just bought 2 brand new V Star 1300 Tourers; ride is super smooth, but when we hit a noticeable bump in the road there is a horrible rattle that comes from up around the handlebar area on both bikes. Any other 1300 owners experience this? We just got them home & the weather turned bad so we haven't had a chance to get them back to the dealer yet; but the dealer said all the 1300s have this rattle!??
I rider this hulk to the left. Has to be the noisiest bike I've ever rode.
Exhaust noise. Strange sounds at around 55 mph. Rattles I have no idea where they are coming from.
Love the bike though. :)
2004 Yamaha Midnight Silverado
<-------------------------------------

KingRobb
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 25
My Motorcycle: 2004 HD Road King

#4 Unread post by KingRobb »

get out your wrenches and start tightening down
Dyin'? Boy, he can have this little life any time he wants to. Do ya hear that? Are ya hearin' it? Come on. You're welcome to it, ol' timer. Let me know you're up there. Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything. Just let me know it.

-Cool Hand Luke

bill1300
Rookie
Rookie

Progressive Shocks

#5 Unread post by bill1300 »

Although my 1300 does not have this problem, apparently other 1300 riders do. If you search either the Delphi 1300 forum or 1300tourer you can find info on progressive shocks.
If it is truly a rattle, then something is loose - but if is more a "clunk" type sound you can try the progressive shocks (probably what the dealer was referring to). An easy and inexpensive fix that will solve the problem.
Bill
bill1300

DarnMike
Regular
Regular

Clunck in the front end

#6 Unread post by DarnMike »

Hi Guys.
I have the same clunck in the front end of my bike and I bought her in 04/ 12 other than that I wouldn't change a thing.You get used to things and when you do it will sound normal but I guess you could try changing out the shocks I guess. But I would go over everything and re check the bolts and hardware for tightness.I visit the 1300 forum a lot and that subject has been brought up a few times and people seem to just let it go.

8)
[color=#800000]Hi. Fellow Riders.
I don't know everything about this sport, but I will help you out the best way I know how.[/color]