KingRobb
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 25
My Motorcycle: 2004 HD Road King

Re: 1200 Sportster

#31 Unread post by KingRobb »

Biker Chic <3 08 wrote:I think a 1200 would be better for you then an 883, go for it ;-) you'll probably regret it if you dont... I just sold my 500 Buell Blast, and bought a 1200 Sportster custom, big difference in power but I LOVE IT! and who ever it was that said a sportster is a "girls bike" i dont agree- only reason i bought it was b/c of the price- otherwise I would own a softail! I am a female and dont think there is "guys" or "girls" bikes as long as you can ride and control the bike ;-)
I always think that is funny, because the sport is so much faster than the big twins. I mean yours is clearly a girls bike because you are a girl....but to call a sport a girls bike because of size is crazy.
Dyin'? Boy, he can have this little life any time he wants to. Do ya hear that? Are ya hearin' it? Come on. You're welcome to it, ol' timer. Let me know you're up there. Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything. Just let me know it.

-Cool Hand Luke

Biker Chic <3 08
Rookie
Rookie

#32 Unread post by Biker Chic <3 08 »

I agree! 8)

pjstevens77
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 04/HD/1200C

#33 Unread post by pjstevens77 »

As promised, here's a pic of my $6300 sporty 1200! only 2400 miles er actually there's about 2800 now. I removed the Sissy bar and I plan on adding drag bars, grips, pegs and a detachable sissy bar. She's a little dirty as I got caught in a shower or two on my way to Cape Cod last weekend.

Image[/img]
Currently - 04 HD 1200 Custom
00 Kawi ZX-7R
01 Ducati ST4

koji52
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#34 Unread post by koji52 »

sweet ride man.
2008 HD VRSC-DX Night Rod Special
2008 Buell 1125R

Nalian
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2011/BMW/F800R

#35 Unread post by Nalian »

Happy bike day! Tomorrow is looking like a bust (although I can always hope) but sunday and next week should all be gorgeous riding. Be careful with the masshole crazies! They really are trying to kill you, I promise.

pjstevens77
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 04/HD/1200C

#36 Unread post by pjstevens77 »

Nalian wrote:Happy bike day! Tomorrow is looking like a bust (although I can always hope) but sunday and next week should all be gorgeous riding. Be careful with the masshole crazies! They really are trying to kill you, I promise.
Thanks! Am I seeing things or is this really another rider from Boston? I can't seem to find people to ride with, although my schedule only permits saturdays and Sundays after 4 pm. None of my buds have bikes.

Let me know if you gather up with some other riders on a weekend, I'd love to join in on the fun
Currently - 04 HD 1200 Custom
00 Kawi ZX-7R
01 Ducati ST4

Nalian
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2011/BMW/F800R

#37 Unread post by Nalian »

pjstevens77 wrote:
Nalian wrote:Happy bike day! Tomorrow is looking like a bust (although I can always hope) but sunday and next week should all be gorgeous riding. Be careful with the masshole crazies! They really are trying to kill you, I promise.
Thanks! Am I seeing things or is this really another rider from Boston? I can't seem to find people to ride with, although my schedule only permits saturdays and Sundays after 4 pm. None of my buds have bikes.

Let me know if you gather up with some other riders on a weekend, I'd love to join in on the fun
Indeed I am - well more camberville really. There are a number of MA riders on this board though. We should get organized or something.