Buell 1125r

scan
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

#11 Unread post by scan »

If there giving any away, I'll take one. Also, I am a fan of the Ulysese (sp?) - I hope the stick the water cooled beast in that one and it would move up my want list.
* 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R *
"What good fortune for those of us in power that people do not think. " Hitler - think about that one for a minute.

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#12 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

They are here if you are in NJ they are coming into the dealers now Liberty Buell in Rahway had 2 on the floor yesterday!!!!!!!!
Of course they are already sold but if you wanta look at MOTORCYCLE popcorn they are there.
there aint nothin like it

crazy5dave
Elite
Elite

#13 Unread post by crazy5dave »

There are two eras at buell so far. Pre XB and Post XB. the Pre XB bikes had poor build quality and reliablity problems. the XBs are pretty much bullet proof. Im a HD/buell mechanic. Ive never seem any serious problems with a buell XB, ever, in 4 years. only problem ive seen is an air leak at the intake manifold. new seals, problem solved. ive had no problems with my 2007 XB12Ss. i think the build quality is excellent. i like the non painted body work. one less worry. the problem with the dealer side is this: people who like Harleys and chrome could care less about Buells. They arent pretty posse machines to accessory up. People who like sport bikes and want to go fast, have no real reason to step foot in a HD Dealer. I wonder how well Buell would do in a dealer sitting next to other Small/mid size non mainstream brands, like Aprilla, BMW, Triump and the like.
2007 Buell XB12Ss

BadWeatherBiker
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

#14 Unread post by BadWeatherBiker »

Dave, I concur. The new Buells, especially now with the 2008 upgrades to the air-cooled engines (improved oil pump drive and beefier crank pin) are virtually bullet proof.

As with all brand new models, the Buell 1125R is showing a few minor teething pains, but the factory response has mostly been very encouraging and most new owners are very pleased with their new Buell hotrod. I still prefer the minimalistic air-cooled models myself. But that HP and unique look of the 1125R sure is tempting. :)

Blake

(link removed in above post - admin)
Ride, lean, smile, live!

See you out there