Suzuki M50 POS

jeff_connors
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

#41 Unread post by jeff_connors »

Your "brotherhood" !!!!!!!
Yeah thats what owning a Harley IS all about and thats why you will never see me with fingerless gloves, leather vest, a bandana chugging a pitcher of beer calling ANYONE "bro" or representing "on behalf of a brotherhood". Thats your world not mine. I can buy a bike that out performs a Harley, class for class for far less outlay on all fronts including insurance, theft worries, expensive accessories.

I'm buying a bike for comfort, LO maintinance, RELIABILITY, I dont' care about the badge. I don't want an obnoxiously loud bike. I have grown past the "look at me" stage. ANd I live in Myrtle Beach where I'll stay at home during "Bike Week" while all the posers are crusiing the boulevard in their identical chromed chariots competeing for attention. While vendors salivate at the "brotherhood's" attempts at independence with $300 pieces of chromed pig metal. Yeah thow me in THAT game coach lol. Been there done it b4 mid life crisis made me do it again. I just have to shake my head because most of those bikes will be on the sales block b4 the first snow falls...lol

No I do not again want to be part of the idiocy that claims loud pipes save lives then go helmetless.....and you are speaking to MY intellect level? LOL.

I do however want the best bang for the buck. I'll be the one riding the mundane cruiser i select with a full face Helmet as well. This is not about being "cool" for me or accepted in some "self glorfied circle" or to "pick up chicks." Its about economics, fun, open air, and close parking lol.[/quote]

Well written words of wisdom. And half of all bikes sold are HD? Goes to show you how many idiots are "follow the crowd" types!
Jeff
'04 Black Honda Rebel
'04 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (sold)
'00 Kawasaki W650 (sold)
'95 Nighthawk 750 (sold)
'06 Suzuki V-Strom 650 (light blue)
'05 Yamaha FZ6 (purple)
'02 Honda Nighthawk (red-sold)
'02 Honda Nighthawk (black)

camthepyro
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#42 Unread post by camthepyro »

Are you the same person as King Frog and/or Moto150? I'm almost positive you're same person as King Frog, as you use all the same phrases and ideas him. So how many accounts do you have on here? You think making it seem like someone else agrees with you is going to do anything?

dieziege
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#43 Unread post by dieziege »

Most of that was an ineptly done quote. Only thing that guy added was the last line. :roll:
Ride it like you think owning it matters.

camthepyro
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#44 Unread post by camthepyro »

Oh, I didn't notice the quote thing.
Member of DWPOMD and RATUBBAW

'80 Suzuki GS 450
'00 Kawasaki ZR7 ( Sold 09/08 )
'82 Honda Nighthawk 450 ( Sold 02/07 )

[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=10838]My bloggy thingy[/url]

King Frog
Regular
Regular

#45 Unread post by King Frog »

The whole HArley vs Metric thing has a lot of opinions.

I will say this. I know guys who bought a HArley and got "snubbed" by other Harlry riders becasye he is a "RUB" in there eyes. SO if you are totally into the HArly Davidson and have been you whole life and can rebuild a shovel head in your living room you spent all that money pretty much nothing. Eevn your "brothers" take issue with you. Better off buying the cheaper and better performing metric.

YA can't win either way.

The real jokers are the Harley biker types who wear the HOG patch on their vest backs with rockers as if they belong to a real Motorcycle Club. Having rid with some real MC members back in the day. I'd say thats not a good idea. New HArley rider's need to uderstand the difference between a rider's Club and a bonified prospecting MC Club....But thats neither here nor there.

Harley sells a lot of bikes. And Ebay is loaded with Harleys.......Do the math.

They used to be a work of ART. But the metrics have come a long way. NOt only do they duplicate the HD look. IN many casses they have SURPASSED the HD lok and are creating their own stamp on the V Twin Cruiser word such as the M109, and VTX1800. Even the M50 which I think is a really nice looking cruiser thats not a wannabee harley.

jmillheiser
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500

#46 Unread post by jmillheiser »

dont you have anything better to do than bash other riders.

you have been spouting your drivel for over a month on this thread, and in that entire time all you have done is spew insults at pretty much everyone else on this forum.

you seem to have this strange belief that anyone who dreives any type of enjoyment from riding their motorcycle is stupid.

colorado58
Rookie
Rookie

#47 Unread post by colorado58 »

some people enjoy being miserable,and live to only make everyone else
miserable too.feel sorry for you king frog
FJ 1200
B4 Bandit
C-50
Rock on!!

kingfrogsux
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

#48 Unread post by kingfrogsux »

the only reason i signed onto this forum is because i was reading this post and wondered how king frog can be so amazingley ignorant. he definatley got shoved in lockers when he was in school (if he ever went) because he has this way of just making people hate him. im usuallyno rude but you have more than earned this. you say you want abike but talk trash to anyone who owns one. you have not a clue what riding is all about. its not these stereotypes you talk of. i have a harley and im 23 years old, a personal trainer and have not had a drink since my 21st birthday. im sorry you are not fond of HDs but maybe someday when you take your head out of your "O Ring" youll realise everything you have said is complete ignorance. your stereotypes are rediculous. my advice is to go buy a moped!!!

IDIOT!!!! :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:
king frog isofficially the most rediculously ignorant loser in the motorcycle community!!!

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#49 Unread post by Gummiente »

Aw, jeez, dude... just let it go. Moto and King weren't the first two brand-bashers here and they won't be the last. Besides, neither one of them are around anymore, so let's not try to ignite an old debate again, ok?
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

flea25
Rookie
Rookie

oh Brother!

#50 Unread post by flea25 »

I'm a first time rider as of this year FINALLY, being 29 (almost 30- but Shhh!). And I'd have to say that i wouldn't by a Harley- not saying never, but just now. From what guys i work with say about theirs and mechanics i meet on the road say about them, i have a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to one.
But ya know what? I realized something about HD's, it's not just about the bike, it's also a sense of pride in owning one. Sure, some people would argue about the reliability, but ya know what? They still own them because of what it represents. It's about motorcycle history! Think about it- what do most motorcycle companies resemble now in their cruisers? the V-twin motor. Who held the patent on it? HD.
You can't deny that many people out there have been drawn into that "Dude, it's a HD, and i'm COOL now.." type of mentality, as i was drawn into at first too- but then realized biking is much more then that. I have no respect for HD riders who don't wave at other riders because of them not riding HD's (as i've had my fair share of experiences seeing as im presently riding a Honda). and for those people, they don't get it. But for the other HD riders who wave, they get what biking is all about.
Actually, i would love to get a Harley for What it represents, but they're just too friggin expensive and like it was said before, so many of the same Super Glides, Fat Boys, Road Kings, etcetc... are on the road- i'm lookin for something alittle different, in this case the M50- I love the look all around.
So just as Rice-riders (like me) don't appreciate the ignorant hard-"O Ring" additudes that SOME HD's riders give, we shouldn't be dishing out the same assaultive ridiculousness to them.
Would i get an HD in the future when i could afford it? Maybe, depends on what reviews are like and how i like me Ricers :wink:
*Who do you live for?