Suzuki M50 POS

King Frog
Regular
Regular

#21 Unread post by King Frog »

dieziege wrote:
King Frog wrote: Just ride from A to B and back safely and reliably and economically Thast ALL a bike means to me any more.
Next you'll be telling us that broccoli is bad because you don't like how it tastes. :roll:

Grow up.

And don't start with this "economically" BS... my bike can tour 1000+ miles a day, gets 74MPG, is fun to ride, cheap to maintain, will last 100,000 miles and then some, and costs 1/4th of what your bike cost...so you are a loser even when you try to "out economize" everyone else.
Im very proud of ya! I'd rather ride a larger and heavier bike though.
Yes it is a matter of economics as well as the fun factor. AS for all the "brotherhood" crap. You can keep it. I don't do poker runs, nor will I behanging out in some parking lot watching stoned kids pull wheelies.

I came here seeking information. Not to join some "brotherhood" of bikers. LOL When I see something I disagree with I WILL voice my opinion. TAKE it or leave it.

I don't need the acceptance many here apparantly need posting LARGE pics of their bikes. I could care less how much chrome someone screws on or how fat the rear tire is or the air brush job on the Tank.....Some are very proud of their bikes. Good for them. I very proud of them as well, I just don't care about all that. I guess Im not grown up enough yet LOL

LOL Grow up? Because I don't adore and worship a motorcycle like a God?
Because biking is not my life? Just another mode of transportation?
Becasue I won't pull the wheels on public streets and race at 100+ MPH on the same? Because I won't hang out at a biker bar get drunk and ride a bloated bike on city streets waking up the neighboorhod with obnoxious pipes??That kind of grow up? No I guess Im not grown up then.....

dieziege
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#22 Unread post by dieziege »

Well frog, you got a problem...

What you are saying is that you want to use the board without paying back. That's nice... but don't expect anyone to be nice to you or go out of their way to give you good (or even non-harmful) advice. Why? Because what you are doing is leaching ... stealing ... positive energy from the community and leaving nothing in return. Nobody likes that.

This board, whether you like it or not, is a community. Communities exist when interaction is rewarding. When, for example, giving information causes positive feedback which benefits the givers as much as the information benefits the recipient. You, by saying you want the info but don't want to play the social game that pays the giver, are breaking the implied agreement upon which the community is based.

Why are you doing this? Because you are totally self-absorbed. You talk about why you came here, what you want, what you will and won't be doing... and have decided that everything else is wrong. You just can't seem to grasp that we don't care why you came here. Frankly, nobody cares why I came to this board. Nobody cares why HandsomRyan or camthepyro or anybody else came to this board. We certainly don't care why YOU came to this board. Why not? Because it doesn't matter. What matters is how you interact once you are here.

And you are interacting poorly.
Ride it like you think owning it matters.

King Frog
Regular
Regular

#23 Unread post by King Frog »

dieziege wrote:Well frog, you got a problem...

What you are saying is that you want to use the board without paying back. That's nice... but don't expect anyone to be nice to you or go out of their way to give you good (or even non-harmful) advice. Why? Because what you are doing is leaching ... stealing ... positive energy from the community and leaving nothing in return. Nobody likes that.

This board, whether you like it or not, is a community. Communities exist when interaction is rewarding. When, for example, giving information causes positive feedback which benefits the givers as much as the information benefits the recipient. You, by saying you want the info but don't want to play the social game that pays the giver, are breaking the implied agreement upon which the community is based.

Why are you doing this? Because you are totally self-absorbed. You talk about why you came here, what you want, what you will and won't be doing... and have decided that everything else is wrong. You just can't seem to grasp that we don't care why you came here. Frankly, nobody cares why I came to this board. Nobody cares why HandsomRyan or camthepyro or anybody else came to this board. We certainly don't care why YOU came to this board. Why not? Because it doesn't matter. What matters is how you interact once you are here.

I don't need to be schooled on how forums work or the "give and take". ALL of that is no more then OPINION anyway.

I am self absorbed in that I know I have nothing to offer you "experts" except opinion and am only seeking factual information on bikes not opinion on whether or not there should be a helmet law or noise abatements. I'm not a "hobbiest" or "enthusiast" just someone looking to buy a bike after a few years of 4 wheels only because its economically feasable and I moved to a new part of the country where I can go "exploring". Like I did when I lived in the Southwest. I don't expect "advice" nor am I seeking "advice." IF I don't get the information I seek I will find it elsewhere.

This is not the only forum nor is it the best by far, Once I choose and purchase my ride I will find an exclusive forum to that specific bike and you guys can all have your love fest and share your PICs with each other without opinion you disagree with....and ride down the road waving to each other to your heart's delight.

camthepyro
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Sex: Male

#24 Unread post by camthepyro »

King Frog
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:00 am Post subject:
dieziege wrote:
Well frog, you got a problem...

I don't need to be schooled on how forums work or the "give and take". ALL of that is no more then OPINION anyway.

I am self absorbed in that I know I have nothing to offer you "experts" except opinion and am only seeking factual information on bikes not opinion on whether or not there should be a helmet law or noise abatements. I'm not a "hobbiest" or "enthusiast" just someone looking to buy a bike after a few years of 4 wheels only because its economically feasable and I moved to a new part of the country where I can go "exploring". Like I did when I lived in the Southwest. I don't expect "advice" nor am I seeking "advice." IF I don't get the information I seek I will find it elsewhere.

This is not the only forum nor is it the best by far, Once I choose and purchase my ride I will find an exclusive forum to that specific bike and you guys can all have your love fest and share your PICs with each other without opinion you disagree with....and ride down the road waving to each other to your heart's delight.
I honestly don't care if you came here just to find info, and if you want to go join a form exlusive to your bike, or if you want to ride alone all day long or whatever. Doesn't make a difference to me, that's preference. What is annoying everybody about you is that you insist on insulting everyone else's views and opinions, simply because they aren't your own. I don't care if this is just an "internet" community and not a "real" one, it doesn't change the fact that you are talking to real people when you type on these boards. Saying someone is stupid for riding a Harley, and wanting to be part of a "brotherhood" is not only insulting, but ignorant. If all you wanted was to find facts, then why to you make a user on this site in the first place?
Member of DWPOMD and RATUBBAW

'80 Suzuki GS 450
'00 Kawasaki ZR7 ( Sold 09/08 )
'82 Honda Nighthawk 450 ( Sold 02/07 )

[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=10838]My bloggy thingy[/url]

King Frog
Regular
Regular

#25 Unread post by King Frog »

camthepyro wrote: Saying someone is stupid for riding a Harley, and wanting to be part of a "brotherhood" is not only insulting, but ignorant. If all you wanted was to find facts, then why to you make a user on this site in the first place?
Now show me where you quote me as saying "someone is stupid for riding a Harley"? Those are YOUR words not mine.

I did say they have a need to be part of a "club" because in my opinion they are NOT getting $20,000 worth of technology as compared to all other manufacturers who are delivering much more technology at a whole lot less cost........

I did say they are paying dearly to be members of that "club" and they care more about the "allure" of owning a HD then actually getting technology for their dollars. Who can argue with that? Prestige comes at a hefty price. I KNOW. Been there done it. Are they stupid? No. Do they want to be part of some "brotherhood"? OH YEAH in spades and will pay dearly for the "privilage." Should they be insulted because I think IN MY OPINION that is whacked? NO they should be content in their choice and allow my opinion without feeling they have to defend their needs and or choices.

The only Harley I would own is a stock certificate. Becasue so many have a need to be recognized in orange and black and will pay for it dearly.

camthepyro
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#26 Unread post by camthepyro »

No I do not again want to be part of the idiocy that claims loud pipes save lives then go helmetless.....and you are speaking to MY intellect level? LOL.
Not all harley riders believe louder pipes save lives, or that you should go helmetless, so not all harley riders are idiots.
Member of DWPOMD and RATUBBAW

'80 Suzuki GS 450
'00 Kawasaki ZR7 ( Sold 09/08 )
'82 Honda Nighthawk 450 ( Sold 02/07 )

[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=10838]My bloggy thingy[/url]

King Frog
Regular
Regular

#27 Unread post by King Frog »

camthepyro wrote:
No I do not again want to be part of the idiocy that claims loud pipes save lives then go helmetless.....and you are speaking to MY intellect level? LOL.
Not all harley riders believe louder pipes save lives, or that you should go helmetless, so not all harley riders are idiots.
Thats right i said I don't want to be part of the idiocy that make those claims. Apparantly many do and see the logic there including yourself.

You made the assumtion "idiocy" ment ALL Harley riders and ONLY Harley riders. You also made the claim I said all Harley riders are stupid. (your word). In my opinion they are the real "posers" and they should be they sure paid enough for the privilage of being noticed.

However THere are plenty of metric riders changing pipes for to make their bikes sound more "Harley" obnoxious like. (JUst a louder sewing machine thats all they get really)

Oh and whats the point of the BIG blue Billboard tagged to all your posts.?

Zagnut
Elite
Elite

#28 Unread post by Zagnut »

King Frog.. please let us all know exactly what information you are seeking from this board so someone can pass that info on to you. Then you can move on and not have hang out here anymore.

If it's just some info you seek and nothing more,...and these folks don't seem to enjoy having you as a part of their community..and you have made it very clear that you aren't here for their commradery... doesn't this sound like the best option for everyone?

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: Suzuki M50 POS

#29 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Ok guys, lets be all friendly like and clean up this thread here and get back to the original post or I'll have to step in with my size 14's and lock it down.

:moose:

Mike.

MotoF150 wrote:Maybe I can save some of you guys the trouble, "DON"T BUY THE M50" I own the 05 M50 and had nothing but trouble with it since it left the dealers. Since day 1 it smokes, backfires, blowes the ign fuse, been back to the dealers 3 times and each time it left I was poorer from paying the bill and it still had the same problem. The first time the dealer charged me $115 to tighten up the battery terminal, didn't fix it, the 2nd time the dealer changed the spark plugs with 500 miles on it, that cost me $80, and the 3rd time the dealer installed a new fuse, that was $30. Warranty never covered any of the repairs cause it wasn't a defect. The way this bike blows black smoke from the exhaust im embarressed to ride it, the seat is too soft, after 20 miles ur butt hurts, any speed over 60 mph the vibration is exsessive. The bike fails to lean over on tight curves, and the generic IRC tires are death tires on wet roads. Now I wanta trade it in on a real bike and no dealer will give me more than $3000 trade in price, I hate to sell it myself and rip off some nice guy by selling him a POS.[/b]
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

MotoF150
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#30 Unread post by MotoF150 »

Im just being a nice and friendly guy and being very honest and informing everybody the problems I have with my new bike so they don't go out and buy one and make the same mistake I did, yes, the dealer can't fix it, yes, the dealer don't wanta fix it, yes, the dealer hates my guts. I have owned 2 new and 1 used bikes in the past 5 years and never had any problems like I have with the current bike I own.
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 09 Yamaha Tmax, 08 Suzuki King Quad 750