Suzuki M50 POS

MotoF150
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

Suzuki M50 POS

#1 Unread post by MotoF150 »

Maybe I can save some of you guys the trouble, "DON"T BUY THE M50" I own the 05 M50 and had nothing but trouble with it since it left the dealers. Since day 1 it smokes, backfires, blowes the ign fuse, been back to the dealers 3 times and each time it left I was poorer from paying the bill and it still had the same problem. The first time the dealer charged me $115 to tighten up the battery terminal, didn't fix it, the 2nd time the dealer changed the spark plugs with 500 miles on it, that cost me $80, and the 3rd time the dealer installed a new fuse, that was $30. Warranty never covered any of the repairs cause it wasn't a defect. The way this bike blows black smoke from the exhaust im embarressed to ride it, the seat is too soft, after 20 miles ur butt hurts, any speed over 60 mph the vibration is exsessive. The bike fails to lean over on tight curves, and the generic IRC tires are death tires on wet roads. Now I wanta trade it in on a real bike and no dealer will give me more than $3000 trade in price, I hate to sell it myself and rip off some nice guy by selling him a POS.[/b]
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 09 Yamaha Tmax, 08 Suzuki King Quad 750

jmillheiser
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Sex: Male

#2 Unread post by jmillheiser »

sounds like you got a lemon.

none of the other M50 owners on this site have had any complaints.

MrGompers
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#3 Unread post by MrGompers »

First and foremost make sure you keep all receipts for work done. AFAIK, lemon laws apply to motorcyles as well. You may have to hire an attorney to help with it tho. Then again maybe not. Some manufacturers are willing to deal thru arbitration instead. Check your owners manual.

Before going with the lemon laws I would do the following first.
Bring bike to another dealer. If they can't fix it or give you the same krap contact the manufacturer directly. Look for the phone # in your owners manual. If you don't get any satisfaction after that go with the lemon law.

As an example, here's how the lemon law works in Connecticut. One of the following two scenerios will invoke the lemon law.

1. Vehicle has been in shop for the same issue DURING the warranty period three or more times without satisfactorily fixing the issue.

2. Vehicle has been in the shop for a total of 30 days or more DURING the warranty period regardless of the reasons why.

Lemon laws vary from state to state. You can prolly find info on the lemon law at your DMV's website for your state.

Believe me the lemon laws may be a hassle, but they do work. A friend of mine had to use it once on a Ford. He did have to hire an attorney tho.

It is very crucial that you keep all receipts for work done even if they didn't fix the issue.

brbolin
Elite
Elite

#4 Unread post by brbolin »

On the M50's side here...
I picked one up about six months ago...first bike, never ridden before, and couldn't say enough good things about it.
Like mentioned above, I think you may have a bad one. Mine doesn't backfire at all, doesn't smoke, and the ignition fuse is a "recall" that should've been corrected by the dealer in the first place.
I have no trouble leaning it over in tight twisties. I haven't ridden it in a lot of rain yet, so I can't make any comment on the handling there, but as far as vibration...I don't notice anything that warrants complaining. As far as I know, some lower cc'd cruisers are going to vibrate a little. There's just a bit at 60, but you get to 61+ it's gone. Again, not a lot of vibration.
Overall, a GREAT bike, you got a lemon. Go ride another one from a different dealer and see if you notice the same problems. If you still notice it, come ride mine. Maybe I'm not riding mine right?

King Frog
Regular
Regular

#5 Unread post by King Frog »

This guy has a hard on for the bike. He has posted his drivel everywhere including ABOUT.com. which has quite a few rider reviews on the M50. and quite a few on the C50 as well/

IM guessing he expected a sport bike the way he "reviewed" the bike. Sounds like someone who's insurance dictates he buy a cruiser and he bought the most "muscular "sport bike" type cruiser out there and is hugly dissappointed. EVERY other review I have read on About.com all glowed about the bike.Some rebutted his directly

This may have been a lemon or most likely he burnt out the bike voiding the warranty. When I see one bad review I take it to heart and really try to understand. But when the SAME person pasted the same sentiment in a variety of places I have to yell BS...

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#6 Unread post by Gummiente »

King Frog wrote:But when the SAME person pasted the same sentiment in a variety of places I have to yell BS...
Obviously this doesn't apply to your rants about your old Harley, does it? :roll:
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

camthepyro
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#7 Unread post by camthepyro »

Burn!!!!

But anyway, maybe he actually did just get a lemon. Maybe he killed the bike in the short period of time he's had it. But honestly, I don't really know how you can hurt a bike that bad, that quickly. So, I'm guessing it was a lemon.
Member of DWPOMD and RATUBBAW

'80 Suzuki GS 450
'00 Kawasaki ZR7 ( Sold 09/08 )
'82 Honda Nighthawk 450 ( Sold 02/07 )

[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=10838]My bloggy thingy[/url]

King Frog
Regular
Regular

#8 Unread post by King Frog »

Gummiente wrote:
King Frog wrote:But when the SAME person pasted the same sentiment in a variety of places I have to yell BS...
Obviously this doesn't apply to your rants about your old Harley, does it? :roll:
The rants about my old Harley are more then well deserved as many will attest to. Even today there are many who consider the HArley unreliable. Whether or not it is. Bad Reputation is tough to shake.

But I did enjoy the posing and the "brotherhood" and realize THAT is what I really paid for. The bike was indeed shyte...and left me on the side of the road on a few glorious occasions.

I'm not afraid to say it was a terrible machine anywhere. I earned the right to say it..... unlike the new Suzuki where on About.com ALL other reviews were glowing with the exception of our fellow here who clearly has issues..

camthepyro
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#9 Unread post by camthepyro »

Maybe that one guy who thought the suzuki sucks. Is the the same to suzuki as you are to Harleys. Maybe you just got a defect Harley. Or maybe you just didn't know how to take care of it.
Member of DWPOMD and RATUBBAW

'80 Suzuki GS 450
'00 Kawasaki ZR7 ( Sold 09/08 )
'82 Honda Nighthawk 450 ( Sold 02/07 )

[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=10838]My bloggy thingy[/url]

Gummiente
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#10 Unread post by Gummiente »

King Frog wrote:The rants about my old Harley are more then well deserved as many will attest to.
So far you seem to be the only one ranting about them, nobody else has seconded your opinions. Which begs the question, what exactly were all these problems you allude to? Seeing as you have all kinds of time to slag the marque and the people who ride them, how about spending a few minutes posting a list of all the issues you had with yours? I'm interested to know which stock parts were defective and if Harley honoured their warranty or not. You've mentioned in a previous post that it was an '88FXR, so I know we're not dealing with AMF-era machinery here.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride