madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

Returning after a few years away...

#1 Unread post by madjak30 »

It's been four years since I have logged in...life was a little hectic for a while.

I got re-married, changed jobs a few times, bought a house and my bikes have both been out of service the last two seasons (still trying to get repairs from crash ironed out for MT-01, and the ST1300 has a fuel pump issue)...fun stuff.
I won't be riding this season, but I will get to work on getting both of my bikes ready for the 2021 season :wink: :kicking:

My twin daughters graduated high school this year, so now life should have less drama...hopefully (no more spousal support or child support payments :) ) :?

I'm looking forward to posting pics and taking part in conversations again...glad to be back :motorcycle:
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

Re: Returning after a few years away...

#2 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

Madjak, good to see you back! The forums have been kinda slow but just recently there seems to be an uptick, and that's exciting.

So which bike are you most excited to revive, the ST or the MT-01?

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#3 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Glad to see some o/g faces coming back!
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#4 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Welcome back.

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#5 Unread post by madjak30 »

JackoftheGreen wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:44 am Madjak, good to see you back! The forums have been kinda slow but just recently there seems to be an uptick, and that's exciting.

So which bike are you most excited to revive, the ST or the MT-01?
Thanks for the responses...I've had a busy year. Lots of working with little time to spare...but things have now balanced out and I've got my work/life balance better ish? :wink:

I'd like to get both bikes ready, but I've got a car that I'm repairing for my daughter first, then probably the Honda ST1300. It's problems should be easier to fix.
I'm hoping to get some time in this weekend getting it on the road and possibly riding before the month is over.
August will be quite busy for me (24x 12hr days in a row :shock: ), but for July, September and October I'll be working part time (4x 10hr per week :wink: ) so I should have riding time :thumbsup:

I'll log in more often and share some photos of progress :D

CorwinRT
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2008 CBR650

#6 Unread post by CorwinRT »

Welcome back and enjoy your build progress.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#7 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I'm glad to see things are ok. Good luck on the repairs.

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#8 Unread post by madjak30 »

Repairs to my daughter's car are not going as expected...still not road worthy...so I haven't touched the bikes.
My wife hit a deer shortly after my last post...we had finally bought her a brand new car, she got to drive it for about four weeks before the deer encounter :shock:
So her new car is in the shop. We had a family visit trip through the BC interior...HOLY CRAP!! I think all of BC is on fire, the smoke was unbelievable! The visit was nice and I'm glad they are relaxing the COVID protocols so that we can see family :group:

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#9 Unread post by madjak30 »

And would you look at that... another couple years have gone by.

Bikes are still hibernating in the garage, daughters car became my car so that she could get a "new to her" model and move on (it failed the inspection and the amount of work to be done after I fixed the initial electrical problem was crazy... bought the parts to fix, but in the mean time I acquired another two projects to repair... my sisters Yukon Denali and I bought a 1967 Mercury Cougar :shock: )

The wife's car took six weeks to get parts and be repaired, but is back on the road... seems to be a "rock magnate" as we need a new windshield for the third time in 30 months

My sister's Denali got repairs and moved on to a new owner. (she's in a bad place right now and a car isn't in her best interest right now)

My daughter's old car that became mine finally got moved on to someone that is planning on fixing it (gave 16yo kid the car and he bought the parts from me... basically)

The Cougar... is making slow progress :cry:

I'm going to get the repairs done on the Honda ST1300 and a set of new tires since they are at least 10yrs old. Change fluids and give it a thorough inspection to be ready to ride.

Life has a lot of obstacles to maneuver around so I am going to have to prioritize the bike over the winter and get it back on the road for April 2024... really miss the freedom of riding. (not to mention the fuel efficiency :wink: ) I think I have cleared the hurdles that I needed to so that I can get back to MY hobbies and not be spending time working on other people's headaches (read family for other people :roll: )

Anyway, I'm glad to be back and I'll make a point of logging in every few days and I'll post pics when I start working on the ST1300... once I figure out the problem (fuel pump or relay? :? )

Thank you.