+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2009 Motorcycles
+ 2008 Motorcycles
+ 2007 Motorcycles
+ 2006 Motorcycles
+ 2005 Motorcycles
+ 2004 Motorcycles
+ 2003 Motorcycles
+ 2002 Motorcycles
+ 2001 Motorcycles
+ 2000 Motorcycles
+ 1970-1999 Models
+ 2009-2013 ATVs
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Bikers Dictionary
+ Buyers Guide
+ Concept Bike Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ Fuel Economy Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Motorcycle Cool Wall
+ Motorcycle Events
+ Motorcycle News
+ Motorcycle Reviews
+ Performance Guide
+ Product Reviews
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW Museum
+ TMW Interviews
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converter Guide
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Motorcycle Forums
+ Photo Gallery
+ Become a TMW fan!
+ On Facebook
+ On Google Plus
+ On Twitter
+ On YouTube
+ RSS News Feed
+ RSS Forum Feed
+ Old Photo Galleries
+ Contests & Prizes
+ TMW T-Shirts
+ Search This Site
+ Add us to your site
Advertising & Media
+ Advertise on TMW
+ Our Sponsors
+ Contact Us
+ TMW Recognition
+ TMW Staff
+ Our Motorcycles
+ Our Ride Photos
+ Site Map
All content on Total Motorcycle is copyright protected and actively monitored by DMCA Protection Services.
Back to 2003 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
Expose yourself. The new Super Naked.
The Kawasaki Z1000 Redefining what it means to be naked... Super Naked. Lean. Mean. And super powerful. The new Z1000 has the heart of a high-performance Ninja® ZX-9R with a beefy forged crankshaft, precise electronic fuel injection and displacement pumped up to 953cc for huge mid-range acceleration. While the new Diamond frame uses the engine as a stressed member to reduce mass and size. Add a unique set of four stainless steel mufflers and the leanest shape this side of a grand-prix umbrella girl, and what do you get? Complete command of whatever domain you call home. Whether thats the urban corridor, where brute acceleration and style earn bragging rights. Enjoying the open highway between Boise and Banff. Making the daily ride to the daily grind. Or carving climactic canyons. The new Z1000 its a whole new class the Super Naked class.
Mount a fuel-injected NINJA® ZX-9R-based engine in a lightweight chassis, equip it with state-of-the-art Ninja running gear, and wrap in the slinkiest bodywork this side of a Milan fashion show and what do you get? The all-new 2003 Kawasaki Z1000 motorcycle. Kawasaki is taking the naked category to an all-new level by introducing the worlds first Super Naked motorcycle. In addition to a visual impact no other machine can match, the ZX-9R-based engine gets a displacement boost to 953 cubic centimeters producing heaps of gutsy torque resulting in hard-charging performance.
- Super Naked performance based on the renowned Ninja® ZX-9R engine.
Larger bore, new cylinder head, new cams and new single valve springs reduce
weight and enhance the mid-range power of the 953cc engine.
- Alloy cylinders with linerless chrome composite plating that reduce weight and improve heat dissipation.
- Cylinder head with 4 valves per cylinder features horizontal intake paths for a traditional look.
- All-new digital fuel injection runs large 38mm throttle bodies fitted with special sub-throttles for smoother engine response and reduced emissions.
- Camshaft profile is shaped for a stronger hit at the low and middle engine speeds.
- Dual 300mm front disc brakes with 4-piston callipers offer exceptionally powerful braking performance.
- Lightweight individual coils for each 10mm twin-electrode spark plug improve efficiency and help reduce weight.
- Large capacity, liquid-cooled oil cooler and large radiator for optimum operating temperature.
- Twin projector-style reflector headlights mount inside a bikini- style cowling for a sharp Super Naked look.
- Twin stainless steel mufflers for the 4-into-2-into-4 exhaust system feature internal catalyzers and emit a throaty rumble.
- High-tensile steel frame with large diameter, thin-walled tubing uses the engine as a stressed member for rigidity and strength.
- Inverted 41mm hydraulic fork features large diameter tubes and adjustable rebound damping.
- Digital instrumentation features an all-LCD display for speedometer, tachometer, temperature, odometer, tripmeter and clock.
- Rear styling is accentuated by the LED taillight, the rakish lines of the seat cowl, and an inner rear fender that hugs the huge rear tire.
Engine Type 4-stroke, In-Line Four
Bore & Stroke 77.2 x 50.9mm
Compression Ratio 11.2:1
Valve system DOHC, 16 valves
Cooling system Liquid
Fuel system Digital fuel injection with four 38mm throttle bodies
Ignition TCBI with digital advance
Transmission 6-speed with Positive Neutral Finder
Frame type Diamond, high-tensile steel
Rake/trail 24°/102 mm (4.0 inches)
Suspension, front 41mm inverted cartridge fork with adjustable spring preload and rebound damping
Suspension, rear Bottom-Link UNI-TRAK® with remote-reservoir, gas-charged shock, adjustable spring preload and rebound damping
Tires; front/rear Tubeless radial; 120/70-ZR17; 190/50-ZR17
Brakes, front Dual 300mm semi-floating discs with dual 4-piston calipers
Brake, rear Disc with single-piston caliper
Wheelbase 1420 mm (55.9 inches)
Seat height 820 mm (32.3 inches)
Fuel capacity 18 litres (4.0 gallons)
Dry weight 198 kg (437 pounds)
Colours Pearl Blazing Orange or Black Pearl or Lime Green
GTPP available 24 or 36 months
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national
regulation and legislations.