46 Years of Models
+ 2017 Motorcycles
+ 2016 Motorcycles
+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2000 - 2009 Models
+ 1990 - 1999 Models
+ 1980 - 1989 Models
+ 1970 - 1979 Models
+ ATV Guides
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Biker's Dictionary
+ Buyer's Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ MPG Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Cool Wall
+ Performance Guide
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW History
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converters
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Photo Gallery
+ Google Plus
+ Old Photo Gallery
+ TMW Merchandise
Advertising & Media
+ Contact Us
+ Site Map
All content on Total Motorcycle is copyright protected and actively monitored by DMCA Protection Services.
Motorcycle is family owned and operated
By Riders, For Riders, 250 Million readers for over 16 years.
Honda CMX250C Rebel
Back to 2003 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click on photos to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
The Rebel may be our smallest cruiser, but just because it doesnt weigh 350 kilograms doesnt make it any less of a Honda.
Where many econocruisers make do with a single-cylinder powerplant, the Rebel boasts a high performance twin. Light and nimble, the Rebel is the ideal entry-level cruiser for anyone new or returning to the sport. The seat height is an extremely low 675mm, and the single front disc brake provides exemplary stopping power while the 234cc parallel twin is powerful enough to keep up with the big boys. Above all, the Rebel is affordable, dependable and built with the same legendary care as our most expensive cruisers.
The Honda Rebel. Powerful. Reliable. But most of all, affordable.
· Proven twin-cylinder 234cc SOHC four-stroke engine is smooth, quiet, economical and easy to maintain.
· Convenient and reliable electric starter.
· Screw-type valve adjusters simplify maintenance.
· Constant Velocity (CV) carburetor gives excellent throttle response.
· Easy-shifting five-speed transmission.
· Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.
· Radically styled twin-muffler exhaust system.
· Maintenance-free solid-state CD ignition.
· Semi-double-cradle frame allows a long wheelbase and extremely low seat height.
· Hydraulic front fork with dual Syntallic bushings.
· Dual rear shocks feature five-position spring preload adjustment.
· Rectangular-section swingarm.
· Front disc brake with twin-piston caliper.
· Wide, 15-inch rear tire.
· Spoke-type wheels with chrome rims.
· O-ring-sealed chain for increased durability.
· Low seat height of only 675mm.
· Pullback handlebar.
· 10.0 litre teardrop fuel tank.
· Two-piece custom-styled seat.
· Custom-styled, chrome-plated headlight case.
· Stylish chrome-plated taillight housing.
· Simple, straightforward instrumentation.
· Chrome-plated turn-signal housings.
· Maintenance-free battery.
· Push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
· Key-operated steering lock for added security.
· Easy-to-use helmet lock.
234cc air-cooled, parallel twin-cylinder
Bore and Stroke
53mm x 53mm
SOHC; two valves per cylinder
Single 26mm diaphragm-type CV
33mm fork; 140mm travel
Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 74mm travel
Single 240mm disc with twin-piston caliper
1450mm (57.1 in.)
675mm (26.6 in.)
139kg (306 lbs.)
10 litres (2.2 Imp. gal.)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national
regulation and legislations.