Best Throttle Lock?

moshee
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

Best Throttle Lock?

#1 Unread post by moshee »

I have a 1974 BMW R90S while my son has a 2002 Suzuki GS500E. After experiencing hand cramps on a long ride around Mt. Rainier, I realized that throttle locks (pseudo cruise controls) would be nice to have on our bikes. Does anyone have experience with throttle locks or can recommend a specific brand for these bikes? There seems to be a number of brands but how easy they are to install and use is unknown to me.
Last edited by moshee on Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

9000white
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#2 Unread post by 9000white »

nep cruise control for 7/8 bars.
no brainer install--takes about 5 minutes.
dr bob

Wizzard
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#3 Unread post by Wizzard »

I use a throttle rocker and it helps me immensely .
Kind regards, Wizzard
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --- ' WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!!! ' " - Author Unknown

Snake
Veteran
Veteran

#4 Unread post by Snake »

My dad has a vista cruise on his 01 savage (it's a Thumper), the throttle sticks if the ajustment screw is too tight (disengaged) and vibrates loose if too loose (Engaged), there is, ofcoarse, the perfect setting in there. Pops ended up having a wreck (Driving though the country with cruise.... ugh), it shook off in the middle of a turn. It's only good for highways or lightly truring roads. the vista cruise is 10 or 11 Bucks, I hav no links.
~Snake