The Blog of Blues

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#814 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I saw this sign at a Skytrain station yesterday. (Skytrain is similar to some metro systems only on a smaller scale)

I took this as a positive sign that will make people see that motorcycling is a good thing. I'm guessing that soon the company behind this will be revealed.

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)

#815 Unread post by fireguzzi »

Hi Blues
Looks like the silhouette of a sportster. But I guess that doesn't necessarily mean it's Harley related.
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#816 Unread post by MZ33 »

It is a brilliant bit of marketing, whoever it is! I don't suppose a national motorcycle organization did it, but I wish they had.
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]

blues2cruise

#817 Unread post by blues2cruise »

fireguzzi wrote:Hi Blues
Looks like the silhouette of a sportster. But I guess that doesn't necessarily mean it's Harley related.
I think you may be right about it being a Sportster. There was a Sportster that came into our practic range today. It looked just like the shape on the sign.

blues2cruise

#818 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Day 2 of working with the motorcycle school today was very successful.
Yesterday the noob asked how to get on the bike.....today she passed her skills test. :mrgreen:
She wanted to quit early again and go home because had a defeatist attitude....I encouraged her to finish the day.
she left feeling quite elated. I left feeling tired.....and satisfied for a job well done.
:D

Social Distortion
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
My Motorcycle: 2004 triumph thruxton

#819 Unread post by Social Distortion »

cool stuff Blues
i miss my 650...old reliable...
i love my triumph, but it gives me fits...
way to go!
"Born to Lose and Destined to Fail"

blues2cruise

#820 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Social Distortion wrote:cool stuff Blues
i miss my 650...old reliable...
i love my triumph, but it gives me fits...
way to go!
Thanks. One day I hope to miss my 650, but in the meantime I will continue to love it. :)

blues2cruise

#821 Unread post by blues2cruise »

As of today, I cut my ties with the motorcycle school. I don't like being lied to.
There have been a couple of issues that could be overlooked, but today was the breaking point.

I was polite about "moving on" and this time he did not try to dissuade me...

So, I will now be looking for clients. I have a couple of "freebies" to get me started so I can have references. (They are people I know from work)

I have a friend who is a business/marketing person who will help me with the business cards and pamphlets etc. He can also point me in the right direction to make a website and find a hosting site.

I need more hours in the day.... :roll:
My regular job takes up a lot of time because of the commute. I plan to look for a new job in the fall. Ths new company that took over, moved our office out to the boonies....

Soon...part 2 of the instructor school experience.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#822 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

blues2cruise wrote:As of today, I cut my ties with the motorcycle school. I don't like being lied to.

So, I will now be looking for clients. I have a couple of "freebies" to get me started so I can have references. (They are people I know from work)

I have a friend who is a business/marketing person who will help me with the business cards and pamphlets etc. He can also point me in the right direction to make a website and find a hosting site.
I would be glad to offer any advice or help I can too, I can even recommended a good hosting site (www.idleserv.net) and try Office Depot or Staples for your business cards first, the saved me $$$. Just PM me for more advice if needed. :D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

blues2cruise

#823 Unread post by blues2cruise »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
blues2cruise wrote:As of today, I cut my ties with the motorcycle school. I don't like being lied to.

I would be glad to offer any advice or help I can too, I can even recommended a good hosting site (www.idleserv.net) and try Office Depot or Staples for your business cards first, the saved me $$$. Just PM me for more advice if needed. :D

Mike
Thank you. As soon as I get a business name "cemented" I'll send a message.