my rant about stupid magnet ribbons

BigChickenStrips
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Male

my rant about stupid magnet ribbons

#1 Unread post by BigChickenStrips »

I hate thos stupid ribbons. the only thing you "supporting" is the magnetic ribbon manufacturers.

wanna support our troops? send them some body armor instead of putting a sticker on your $55,000 SUV. (or better yet, let them come home before they have to make the trip in wooden boxes!)

what? you support breast cancer research.. the rest of us really didnt want them to find a cure... wow arent you a good person!

and dont say they donate a portion of proffits to an organization because all charitys will take checks directly and 100% of your donation can be used to suport a certain cause.

yes, i have several family members with breast cancer, my best friend is diabetic (and my grandfather died of diabetes related complications), my other grandfather had lung cancer and died, i know people currently serving overseas in the armed forces, and i wish i could "fix" all of this. but stupid magnets arent going to solve any of these problems. save the back of your cage for funny bumperstickers or just write in the dust like "i wish my wife was this dirty" but the magnets/stickers gotta go.

ok...

steps down off soap box
[b]Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency! [/b]

9000white
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#2 Unread post by 9000white »

i saw one the other day that was intriguing.

New Vegetarian Hot Pockets.for those who dont eat meat but still want diarrhea!!!!
dr bob

liablemtl
Legendary
Legendary
Years Riding: 29
My Motorcycle: 2002 Yamaha FZ1

#3 Unread post by liablemtl »

I'd recommend NOT buying a "Biker Friendly" sticker for your car then. There are plenty who might think your statement was just as stupid as you think theirs is. :mrgreen:
We're the first ones to starve
We're the first ones to die
The first ones in line for that pie in the sky
But we're always the last
When the gravy's shared out
For the worker is working when the fat cat's about

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

#4 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

It depends where you live. If you live in a high hippie/liberal concentrated area (massachusetts) you see them on all the cars who don't want to be mistaken as a hippie/liberal by those passing through (that or you had a friend/knew someone in the corp who actually did appreciate seeing them around) but out here in central Maine, where things are more conservative/redneck, i see maybe 3 in a day now. And i pump gas (oh joy) so i see a LOT of cars.
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]

BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#5 Unread post by BuzZz »

I just seen where the Canadian Government is releasing a coin with a breast cancer ribbon(in color, yippie) minted into it. Just to show how friggin' much they(we?) care. My tax dollars at work? Not bloody likely.

Just put some dam money into research and find a cure!!!! Now there's a novel idea. To novel for the politicians, I'm sure.

Keep the bleeding heart, lovey-dovey B.S. to yourselves and actually do something effective instead of yammering on about how much 'we care'....

What a waste of..... well everything, really.... :frusty:
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

9000white
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#6 Unread post by 9000white »

if the canadian politicians are like ours one of them will insist that a monument to breast cancer research be built on some land he owns that he will let the taxpayers have for twice the price of surrounding property.
dr bob

BigChickenStrips
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#7 Unread post by BigChickenStrips »

I'd recommend NOT buying a "Biker Friendly" sticker for your car then. There are plenty who might think your statement was just as stupid as you think theirs is.
I know i sound liek a whiny baby because someone disagreed with my post, but dont mean to, everyone is entitled to an oppinion, im just trying to clarify:

i resent those magnets because they are saying :"i suport our troops" when really most of them have done nothing to suport our troops (they probably voted for Bush :cry:) other than buy the damn magnet. a bike-friendly sticker would let other know you (A) probably ride a motorcycle [hey cool we have the same hobby] (B) are more likely to be on the lookout for bikes as you know they are all around. if you had ribbon that said "suport our bikers" then i would think thats dumb but "bike friendly" is a-okay by me.
[b]Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency! [/b]

MrGompers
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#8 Unread post by MrGompers »

It would be ironic if someone had a sticker "look out for motorcycles" then actually tagged someone on a bike.

They should do something about breast cancer tho I love boobies.

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#9 Unread post by NorthernPete »

MrGompers wrote:They should do something about breast cancer tho I love boobies.
Here here....
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#10 Unread post by Sev »

HandsomeRyan wrote:resent those magnets because they are saying :"i suport our troops" when really most of them have done nothing to suport our troops
support has more then one meaning, which is to say, that it is possible that they offer moral support and hope the troops will make it home safely, which is also a form aof support, rather then doing something like donating money.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]