My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: What did you do today...

#5431 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

This week (just a tad late on this post):

1. Brought my Guzzi out of winter hibernation
2. Installed the battery back into it
3. Changed the transmission oil
4. changed the shaft drive oil
5. Ordered (and just received) new tires.

Speaking of tires, I decided to switch brands from my Pirelli Sport Demon to Avon Roadrider's. I have an appointment to mount both new tires on Thursday so it will be interesting to see how the Avon's do vs the Pirelli Sport Demon I regularly purchased over the past 20 years. I also have some Conti Road Attack 3 to review this year (once this virus thing clears up) as it is a rare radial offered for retro sized rims.

Oh, I ordered from Revco as I'm in Canada as the border is closed to a lot of cross-boarder shipments. I have heard great things about Fortnine but as they wouldn't match pricing and Revco would, I ordered from Revco (and will continue to do so). Revco also delivered the tires in 2 days so I'm very happy with that. Thus the free shoutout to them:

Old tires: https://revco.ca/pirelli-sport-demon-tire.html
New ties: https://revco.ca/avon-roadrider-tire.html
Coming soon: https://revco.ca/continental-conti-road ... -tire.html

Reference: Moto Guzzi V7 tire sizes -
Front: 100-90-18
Rear: 130-80-17

NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#5432 Unread post by blues2cruise »

ZooTech wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:04 am Been busy ignoring lock down and living my life as normally as possible. This Bill Gates virus doesn't worry me, it's the way it will change society that does. This is the major crisis the Rockefellers have been planning for decades (Bill Gates is a Rockefeller, btw...):

Are you a conspiracy theorist? :lol:

blues2cruise

#5433 Unread post by blues2cruise »

totalmotorcycle wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:39 am This week (just a tad late on this post):

1. Brought my Guzzi out of winter hibernation
2. Installed the battery back into it
3. Changed the transmission oil
4. changed the shaft drive oil
5. Ordered (and just received) new tires.

Speaking of tires, I decided to switch brands from my Pirelli Sport Demon to Avon Roadrider's. I have an appointment to mount both new tires on Thursday so it will be interesting to see how the Avon's do vs the Pirelli Sport Demon I regularly purchased over the past 20 years. I also have some Conti Road Attack 3 to review this year (once this virus thing clears up) as it is a rare radial offered for retro sized rims.

Oh, I ordered from Revco as I'm in Canada as the border is closed to a lot of cross-boarder shipments. I have heard great things about Fortnine but as they wouldn't match pricing and Revco would, I ordered from Revco (and will continue to do so). Revco also delivered the tires in 2 days so I'm very happy with that. Thus the free shoutout to them:

Old tires: https://revco.ca/pirelli-sport-demon-tire.html
New ties: https://revco.ca/avon-roadrider-tire.html
Coming soon: https://revco.ca/continental-conti-road ... -tire.html

Reference: Moto Guzzi V7 tire sizes -
Front: 100-90-18
Rear: 130-80-17

My friend likes Avon tires.
I need a new battery for my Yamaha. I will get it in another couple of weeks. Hopefully. I had a fall and have been mostly immobile because of it. It has still been darn cold here anyway.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#5434 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

blues2cruise wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:52 am Avon Roadrider's. I have an appointment to mount both new tires on Thursday...
I need a new battery for my Yamaha. I will get it in another couple of weeks. Hopefully. I had a fall and have been mostly immobile because of it. It has still been darn cold here anyway.
[/quote]

Oh no, a fall? Are you ok? Just time to heal or? Wishing you a quick recovery my friend!

If you are looking at a battery, I learned something new last year that Yuasa makes 3 levels of batteries for most motorcycles (good, better, best) and while I was getting a Yuasa, I had no idea they had 2 better "versions" of it. So that lead me to find this battery maker: https://www.motobatt.us/MBYZ16H-Motobatt-12V-Battery and WOW, that Motobatt battery is, BY-FAR the best battery I have ever owned, by a football field! The CCA (cold cranking amps) are DOUBLE my previous Yuasa one and the price was the same. I just put it in my Guzzi last week and the Guzzi started up (after sitting for months) on the first try.

That is good to hear that your friend likes the Avon's. I have never owned a pair from them before and the tread pattern looks good on them so I will be interesting to see how they perform vs the Sport Damon's.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

blues2cruise

#5435 Unread post by blues2cruise »

totalmotorcycle wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:19 am
blues2cruise wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:52 am Avon Roadrider's. I have an appointment to mount both new tires on Thursday...
Oh no, a fall? Are you ok? Just time to heal or? Wishing you a quick recovery my friend!

If you are looking at a battery, I learned something new last year that Yuasa makes 3 levels of batteries for most motorcycles (good, better, best) and while I was getting a Yuasa, I had no idea they had 2 better "versions" of it. So that lead me to find this battery maker: https://www.motobatt.us/MBYZ16H-Motobatt-12V-Battery and WOW, that Motobatt battery is, BY-FAR the best battery I have ever owned, by a football field! The CCA (cold cranking amps) are DOUBLE my previous Yuasa one and the price was the same. I just put it in my Guzzi last week and the Guzzi started up (after sitting for months) on the first try.

That is good to hear that your friend likes the Avon's. I have never owned a pair from them before and the tread pattern looks good on them so I will be interesting to see how they perform vs the Sport Damon's.

Mike
[/quote]

A chair collapsed under me. Yes, time to heal. It's been a month. But finally able to walk a bit.

Is motobatt made in the states? I don't want a made in China battery. My local shop has Yuasa. !95. 00 for a battery.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#5436 Unread post by jstark47 »

blues2cruise wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:37 am Is motobatt made in the states? I don't want a made in China battery. My local shop has Yuasa. !95. 00 for a battery.
Yuasa seems to be a brand name now owned by Enersys corporation, which has 32 manufacturing facilities scattered worldwide. Good luck figuring out where any specific Yuasa battery was made.

I picked up some traces of info that Motobatt batteries are made in China, but the info wasn't solid enough to confirm that.

I sympathize with your desire to avoid products made in the Peoples Republic, but pinning down location of final assembly of products these days can be really frustrating. Figuring out the source of the raw materials or subassemblies that went into the product is even worse. I hate to admit it, but I sorta gave up on that, and now I just take the easy way out and buy whatever has good customer reviews. Not proud of that, but.... whaddya gonna do? :?
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

#5437 Unread post by ZooTech »

blues2cruise wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:49 amAre you a conspiracy theorist? :lol:
Every President since Reagan has mentioned a New World Order by name in major speeches. The Rockefeller family has talked about a New World Order for decades (Gates is a Rockefeller). In the early 1980s, the Georgia Guidestones were erected here in the States calling for a drastic depopulation of the world to a "sustainable 500 million". Bill Gates tours the world giving speeches about depopulation and saying vaccines are the answer (I thought vaccines saved lives). The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation funds the WHO, five major rx companies, and the Wuhan P4 Bio Research Lab. Bill's vaccines have killed and crippled millions of children in India and Africa and sterilized thousands of women. Now he's calling for a global mandatory vaccine requirement with a unique "number" for each person before the economies can reopen.

Ya know...when they mention this stuff by name, publish their agenda in plain sight (Agenda 21 and Agenda 2030), and even hold preparation exercises six weeks before the outbreak (Event 201), it ceases to be theory and all you're left with is an obvious conspiracy. So, no...I'm really not a conspiracy theorist, I'm a free thinker, and healthy skeptic, and don't waste dozens of hours a week watching sports and reality TV.

YRMV..,

blues2cruise

#5438 Unread post by blues2cruise »

jstark47 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:32 am
blues2cruise wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:37 am Is motobatt made in the states? I don't want a made in China battery. My local shop has Yuasa. !95. 00 for a battery.
Yuasa seems to be a brand name now owned by Enersys corporation, which has 32 manufacturing facilities scattered worldwide. Good luck figuring out where any specific Yuasa battery was made.

I picked up some traces of info that Motobatt batteries are made in China, but the info wasn't solid enough to confirm that.

I sympathize with your desire to avoid products made in the Peoples Republic, but pinning down location of final assembly of products these days can be really frustrating. Figuring out the source of the raw materials or subassemblies that went into the product is even worse. I hate to admit it, but I sorta gave up on that, and now I just take the easy way out and buy whatever has good customer reviews. Not proud of that, but.... whaddya gonna do? :?
Yes, it is difficult trying to support your own country or continent or workers. I was told that the batteries made in the USA are better than the ones made in China. They last longer and are more reliable. I do try hard to buy Canadian made or grown first, then USA, then Europe. It's not always possible though.

Next week, I will go and clean the bike and then get the battery.

blues2cruise

#5439 Unread post by blues2cruise »

ZooTech wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:02 am
blues2cruise wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:49 amAre you a conspiracy theorist? :lol:
Every President since Reagan has mentioned a New World Order by name in major speeches. The Rockefeller family has talked about a New World Order for decades (Gates is a Rockefeller). In the early 1980s, the Georgia Guidestones were erected here in the States calling for a drastic depopulation of the world to a "sustainable 500 million". Bill Gates tours the world giving speeches about depopulation and saying vaccines are the answer (I thought vaccines saved lives). The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation funds the WHO, five major rx companies, and the Wuhan P4 Bio Research Lab. Bill's vaccines have killed and crippled millions of children in India and Africa and sterilized thousands of women. Now he's calling for a global mandatory vaccine requirement with a unique "number" for each person before the economies can reopen.

Ya know...when they mention this stuff by name, publish their agenda in plain sight (Agenda 21 and Agenda 2030), and even hold preparation exercises six weeks before the outbreak (Event 201), it ceases to be theory and all you're left with is an obvious conspiracy. So, no...I'm really not a conspiracy theorist, I'm a free thinker, and healthy skeptic, and don't waste dozens of hours a week watching sports and reality TV.

YRMV..,
Thank you for the info. I will go read up on those things you mentioned.

What is YRMV?

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#5440 Unread post by jstark47 »

blues2cruise wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:46 am What is YRMV?
Your Results May Vary? (just guessing) :humm:
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S