Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Perfect Debut for All New YAMAHA WR450F

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Perfect Debut for All New #YAMAHA #WR450F

The Active8 Yamaha Yamalube racing team gave the all new 2012 WR450F the perfect debut by dominating the opening round of the Husaberg Queensland Pony Express Series held at Mt. Tamborine over the weekend.

Jarrod Bewley teamed with Josh Green in the Pro class with Bewley WR mounted while and AJ Roberts took on the Ironman class and the team came away with two impressive class wins and the outright victory.

The WR450F handled the conditions superbly. The trail loop was 17minutes long and filled with sandy whoops, mud, swamp, rocks and plenty of open spaces to put the WR through the wringer and it came up trumps.

With little time for testing, the team raced a near standard bike personalized to suit each rider. The result reflected the performance of the bike and the team is more than happy with how the new WR performed in race conditions.

"It was a tough race yesterday," stated team manager, AJ Roberts. "There was lot of mud and swamp like conditions and it was a hot, humid day so it was a real workout for both the bikes and the riders. But I'm happy on both fronts as the bikes handled everything thrown at them and our riders are all in good shape."

"It was a great hit out for the upcoming AORC rounds as we have a good handle on the bikes and I think we are well placed entering the national season," AJ signs off.

Jarrod Bewley also came away impressed with the new WR450F and believes it will play an important part in achieving his goals for 2012.

"To me, the bike is just really comfortable and easy to ride at pace. The chassis is super stable and we have done almost nothing to the motor yet it is already fast and competitive. The Queensland race was a good start for us and I think we can take plenty from it and continue to improve as a team."

The Active8 Yamaha Yamalube race team will now focus their preparations on the opening round of the AORC (Australian Off Road Championships) on March 10 at Dungog where the team and the all new WR450F is expected to be a huge player in Australian of road in 2012.

Queensland Pony Express Series
Round 1 Results – Mt. Tamborine
1st Bewley / Green (Yamaha)
2nd Hutton / Hutton (Yamaha)
3rd Day / Sprenger

Ironman
1st AJ Roberts (Yamaha)
2nd Dale Schmitke
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.