Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Honda World Superbike Team debuts 2012 livery

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Honda World #Superbike Team debuts 2012 livery

The Honda World Superbike team has revealed its 2012 racing livery at the start of today's official SBK test at Phillip Island in Australia run by championship organisers InFront Motorsport.

Riders Jonathan Rea and Hiroshi Aoyama will use the two-day test to follow up on the work carried out during a private test held at the same circuit last month in preparation for next weekend’s (24-26 February) opening round of the 2012 World Superbike championship.

The InFront test will be the first opportunity for the team to run in its new livery, which is based heavily on one of the colour schemes of the new 2012 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade.

The new model marks the 20th anniversary of the iconic Fireblade, which, through the vision of designer Tadao Baba, redefined the entire sportsbike category in 1992.

A full report on the test will be posted at its conclusion tomorrow, Tuesday 21 February.

Jonathan Rea

It’s been a long winter, especially with the new testing ban in December and January, and, in spite of the test last month, I can’t wait to get back on the bike again. Of course, we’ve still got a lot of development work to do with the new bike, but this test will be a chance for us to gauge how much progress we’ve made against our rivals over the winter. It’s next weekend that really counts though, and I’m really looking forward to the new season. I think the new design is really cool and it maintains that strong link between the race bike and the showroom model.

Hiroshi Aoyama

For me, this test will be very important because it is two more days on the bike and tyres, which are new for me this season. There is a good atmosphere in the team and we had a good test at Phillip Island in January. There is still a lot for me to learn, however, and the first race is only one week away. For the first time, I will also see the other bikes and riders in the championship. I know many of them will be very strong but I’m looking forward to competing with them this season. The bike and my new leathers look very nice, I think, so we go to work now!
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.