The Oasis of my Soul... A Blog... a Journey on the Road.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Re: The Oasis of my Soul... A Blog... a Journey on the Road.

#641 Unread post by Wrider »

Where are you headed in Colorado? I'm now in Fort Collins, but have friends in Colorado Springs, and I'm sure I can find you a place in Denver if you need a place to lay your head!
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

Beemerchef
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 53
My Motorcycle: 1996 GS1100R + Ural sidear attached

#642 Unread post by Beemerchef »

Wrider wrote:Where are you headed in Colorado? I'm now in Fort Collins, but have friends in Colorado Springs, and I'm sure I can find you a place in Denver if you need a place to lay your head!

No, no Denver, no cities for a while...
We are going to take #10 east from north of Ouray and stop at Owl Creek Pass for a while... then?... Will let you know.
Thanks... Ara & Spirit
http://www.theoasisofmysoul.com our Blog...

http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/ our Photos...

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#643 Unread post by Wrider »

Very nice, if you can you should go to the Durango area, I have a feeling you may like it quite a bit. Another area worth your time is Highway 50 through the Black Canyon of the Gunnison.
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#644 Unread post by Johnj »

Try CO92 north from US50. Cross the dam. Lake on one side, gorge on the other.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Beemerchef
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#645 Unread post by Beemerchef »

Wrider wrote:Very nice, if you can you should go to the Durango area, I have a feeling you may like it quite a bit. Another area worth your time is Highway 50 through the Black Canyon of the Gunnison.
Durango was too hot, we try not to do anything over 80, too hard on Spirit... and myself. We will be moving on to Crested Butte after that... Have done 50 many times in the past, beautiful area but again too low of an elevation.

Ara & Spirit

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#646 Unread post by Wrider »

Fair enough. Say hi to CB for me. I have a great-grandpa buried in one of the old mines up there, and some very good memories in the area. If you're looking to get out and away, might want to check out Taylor Park as well. A lot of quads, but get on a back road and you won't see another soul for miles.

Beemerchef
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#647 Unread post by Beemerchef »

Wrider wrote:Fair enough. Say hi to CB for me. I have a great-grandpa buried in one of the old mines up there, and some very good memories in the area. If you're looking to get out and away, might want to check out Taylor Park as well. A lot of quads, but get on a back road and you won't see another soul for miles.

Thanks!

Beaver Lake, Co.

A picture perfect space and weather and all. Colorado in the summer at higher altitudes is a gem, almost cold at night! As always “Nature” brings on much thoughts unlike this one time World Traveler who told me not to ask myself any questions about Life as it would bring answers and so, more questions. He shall remain nameless. All in such space is in such parallel of mind and body, present times and past memories, some future thoughts, nights and days as all passes on at it's designated speed one moment at the time. We are back in Ouray for one night and back on the road in the morning toward Crested Butte as being there a couple years ago without a chance to really explore it's own spaces. I remember snow throughout those days which I am sure will be melted this month. Spirit as always is having the time of his Life, abundant smells and the cool weather always suit him best. All is well... going down the chosen and sometimes unplanned roads, thinking some and not thinking some but always lots of photos!

Be safe and well.
Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#648 Unread post by Wrider »

Depending on altitude it won't all be melted, but you should be fine for the most part, have a great time, I love that area of the state!
Oh, and if you see any decent signs of elk, let me know where so I can start getting ready for hunting season!

Beemerchef
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#649 Unread post by Beemerchef »

Wrider wrote:Depending on altitude it won't all be melted, but you should be fine for the most part, have a great time, I love that area of the state!
Oh, and if you see any decent signs of elk, let me know where so I can start getting ready for hunting season!

Did not see signs of Elk yet!!! Next year by the way, we will get a small place in Lake City for 3 months!!! Dog Friendly... Loving it!!!

Crested Butte, Lost Lake... more... Co.

The depth of the spaces present have deepened, magic it has been and like floating on those cottonball clouds we witness daily, we are emerging from the bowels of this Journey, time escaping unavailing me to come here and check with my good Friends of this Forum their own ongoing summer. There seem to be always the occasion to post an entry into the Journal as all is written on my phone off line and my photos are moved on also off line with now the help of portable solar power. A couple entries later, here we are again on this pages while physically in and around Lake City, San Cristobal Lake, reminiscing about those past entries when camped at Lost Lake and also visiting more than once Crested Butte, CO. We have been to Colorado before! Why is it only now the repercussions of it's space conductive to my seeking have come forward? Maybe we were not looking deep enough, maybe we were not ready. So many roads, so many dirt roads, lakes, little towns each with their own charm, so much more... and so many photos.

Be safe and well.
Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

Beemerchef
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#650 Unread post by Beemerchef »

Lake City, Lake San Cristobal, CO.

There is as a medical condition while being on the road, a “malady” I call it. The path of the mind becomes wide open emptying itself from the mundane traffic jams, the imperceptible fills up it's space, the detailed lightly brushed surroundings suddenly become the deepening aspect of what one notices. What I notice anyhow... It is as a different Life takes effect, different values, colors and even smells unlike a path I cannot even remember from the past even if so exposed to it at times while running through towns and cities when such becomes a must.
Amongst all the towns we have gone through, Lake City has taken a forefront seat. So has Lake San Cristobal where we had the good fortune camping high up perched on the cliffs about maybe at the most 15 feet away from the ledge. From the Lake toward Creede and South Fork, all in between, dozens of unpaved roads await each with their own silhouettes of a mountain set as always incredible backgrounds.
It is endless truly, so endless that I think next summer such roads will be seeing us for a few months enticed also by the permanent cool weather present.
The photos for sure have been fun to take...

Be safe and well.
Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit