2011 Victory Zach Ness Vegas - COOL WALL VOTE: AWESOME

Your Coolness Factor of the 2011 Victory Zach Ness Vegas is...

You may select 1 option

View results

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Male

Re: 2011 Victory Zach Ness Vegas - COOL WALL VOTE: In Progre

#11 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

Nice lines for a production cruiser from the photo anyway-- of course Ness is an old hat at this, and the Ness crew have made many nice bikes for Victory previously.

looks reasonably cool for something sitting on a showroom floor (coming from a non-cruiser person)... but even the japanese have made some much nicer looking stuff than they used to... the Honda Fury is something to awaken creativity in the non-Harley market too...

i'm all for custom creative designs, even with off-the-rack stuff like RSD, PM bits, and while building nice bits into a production budget is easier nowadays it's still gotta be tough to do while balancing asthetics...
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#12 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: AWESOME.

I believe this is quite the awesome custom cruiser from Victory. I had the chance of seeing one (and sitting on it) at the NEC motorcycle show 2010 in Birmingham, UK. Amazing apearance in real life and it just shines from all accent work on it. The black is deep and thus accents the silver.

It's also quite comfortable to sit on and I'd have to say one of the most comfortable Victory motorcycles I have sat on in the past. Must be the seat and handle bar positioning.

Andrea was quite taken with the bike when she saw it and I can see why. It's beautiful for a cruiser, plus it has all the best of the standard technology in it as well.

The Victory Vegas actually reminds me a lot of the Harley-Davidson Dyna Wide Glide, a true chopper style with attitude. I have to give credit to Victory here as I think they made the Vegas look better than the Dyna Wide Glide... or the other side of the coin, I think Harley-Davidson should have made the Dyna Wide Glide look like a Vegas.

Also I've noticed Harley-Davidson is starting to use some of the "Victory paint job" ideas on their bikes recently in the past 2 years. Victory has a very special "custom" paint job look to them (quite amazing) and they have really been creative in this field. H-D is an innovator as well and have used somewhat Victory's ideas on paint and brought them into Harley-Davidson stylesque. So Victory is influencing the market.

Awesome bike. I'd own it.

2011 Victory Zach Ness Vegas (What Harley-Davidson's Dyna Wide Glide should have looked like?)

2011 Harley-Davidson FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Markg1
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: '09 Vrod and '10 Vmax

#13 Unread post by Markg1 »

I'm on the fence with this one. It's closer to cool than uncool for me. I'm not much for the narrow tire. It should have a 240 rear tire. I think the pipes are too long and square for all the lines the bike has. But overall not bad. Wouldn't be a choice of mine. Is it reliable?
Life may begin at 30 but it gets real interesting at 140!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#14 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Markg1 wrote:I'm on the fence with this one. It's closer to cool than uncool for me. I'm not much for the narrow tire. It should have a 240 rear tire. I think the pipes are too long and square for all the lines the bike has. But overall not bad. Wouldn't be a choice of mine. Is it reliable?
I could see what you mean about the pipes, but I would say manufacturers almost expect cruiser OEM pipes to be replaced anyways as it adds to the custom feel. Maybe some Vance and Hines pipes would look awesome on the Victory Vegas. :D

The rear tire... well, the bigger the rear the worse the bike turns in corners as it gets more square. But wider does look good from the rear.

Reliable? It's a Victory, I think they are as reliable as any good major brand manufacturer out there.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#15 Unread post by HYPERR »

Gummiente wrote:This one gets an "uncool" vote from me. Victory started out well making good, nicely styled and designed, solid cruisers and were a very viable option to Harley. But lately they've narrowed their entire lineup down to nothing but these garish looking fat arsed rear tire Arlen Ness creations
^this

Also from what I recall, Victory was originally supposed to be the better handling alternative to Harley.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#16 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Just out this morning:

Victory (Polaris) now OWNS Indian Motorcycle!

Polaris Acquires Indian® Motorcycle

Polaris brings world-class engineering, manufacturing and distribution to Indian’s rich

American heritage and historic brand

MINNEAPOLIS (April 19, 2011) — Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) today announced the acquisition of Indian Motorcycle. The business was acquired from Indian Motorcycle Limited (“IML”), a company advised by Stellican Limited and Novator Partners LLP, U.K. Private Equity firms. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.

“We are excited to be part of the revitalization of a quintessentially American brand,” said Scott Wine, CEO of Polaris Industries Inc. “Indian built America’s first motorcycle. With our technology and vision, we are confident we will deliver the classic Indian motorcycle, enhanced by the quality and performance for which Polaris and Victory are known.”

With this acquisition, Polaris adds one of motorcycling’s legendary brands to its strong stable of Victory cruiser and touring bikes. Indian will operate as an autonomous business unit, building upon the potent combination of Polaris’ engineering acumen and innovative technology with Indian’s premium brand, iconic design and rich American heritage.

“We are delighted to have reached an agreement with Polaris. Polaris will utilize its well-known strengths in engineering, manufacturing, and distribution to complete the mission we undertook upon re-launching the brand in 2006: harness the enormous potential of the Indian brand,” said Stephen Julius, chairman of Indian and managing director of Stellican. “Polaris is the most logical owner of Indian Motorcycle. Indian’s heritage brand will allow Polaris to aggressively compete across an expanded spectrum of the motorcycle market.”

Novator Partners LLP is a London based alternative investment firm founded and led by the investor Mr. Thor Bjorgolfsson. An avid motorcycle enthusiast, Mr. Bjorgolfsson said “After a troubled past, our goal was to bring the legendary Indian bikes back on the roads. The initial phase of that project is done and now our great partners at Polaris will carry on the work to realize the full potential of this classic American brand.”

About Polaris

With annual 2010 sales of $1.991 billion, Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets off-road vehicles (ORVs), including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER® Side X Side vehicles, snowmobiles and Victory motorcycles for recreational and utility use and has recently introduced a new on-road electric powered neighborhood vehicle.

Polaris is a recognized leader in the snowmobile industry; and one of the largest manufacturers of ORVs in the world. Victory motorcycles, established in 1998 and representing the first all-new American-made motorcycle from a major company in nearly 60 years, are making in-roads into the cruiser and touring motorcycle marketplace. Polaris also enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Pure Polaris apparel, accessories and parts, available at Polaris dealerships.

Polaris Industries Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “PII”, and the Company is included in the S&P MidCap 400 stock price index.

Information about the complete line of Polaris products, apparel and vehicle accessories are available from authorized Polaris dealers or anytime from the Polaris homepage at www.polarisindustries.com.

About Indian Motorcycle

Founded in 1901, Indian was America’s first motorcycle company, producing some of the industry’s most iconic models and becoming the world’s largest motorcycle manufacturer. In recent years, Indian has continued to produce these legendary motorcycles on a smaller scale. The company’s instantly recognizable badge is still associated with premium products and strong American heritage by casual consumers and motorcycle enthusiasts alike.

About Stellican

Stellican is a U.K. Private Equity firm specializing in the purchase, turnaround and re-launch of iconic, heritage brands which have gone bankrupt. In the last ten years, Stellican has been particularly active in the power sport industry. It currently advises funds which own Chris-Craft Corporation, a premium boat and yacht builder based in Sarasota, Florida, which it acquired in 2001. Previously, Stellican advised funds which owned Riva boats in Italy

About Novator

Novator is an alternative investment firm founded and led by the international investor and entrepreneur Björgólfur Thor Björgólfsson. Novator's investment portfolio is focused around following sectors: Telecommunications, Pharmaceuticals, IT and Renewable Energy. In addition, Novator operates a Private Equity Fund and a Credit Opportunities Fund.

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#17 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

I was just going to post this news.

The rebirth of Indian is just as storied as Norton, but like the new Norton, I think they will be back for a lot longer this time, and the Harley vs. Indian rivalry can go on in earnest like the old feud it was among the war-time populace of a bygone era.
Attachments
1930-Indian-4-small.jpg
1930-Indian-4-small.jpg (49.99 KiB) Viewed 11527 times
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#18 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

totalmotorcycle wrote:I voted: AWESOME.
(What Harley-Davidson's Dyna Wide Glide should have looked like?)

2011 Harley-Davidson FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide
That Harley looks alot different to me than the Victory, with more rake or longer front end. The Harley looks like something the Japanese copied these past 5 or 10 years. I think the Harleys with the single shock rears look more like the Victory overall, or the remakes of the Sportsters -- they had a cool military-esque one a few years ago.. more like a Nightster.

Anyone know which one I am thinking of??? it had a springy pear seat like that Indian I posted about just above. It was military green or flat black or something...

Like this Nightster... but maybe it was a single shock rear end model... but as you can see even in this lo-res image the Harley nightster looks old and even a bit unfinished.. but i like it for classic looks. probably sucks to ride though :laughing:

anyway, I dont think any harley looks like the Victory's, which is exactly what makes both good... the wheel sizes, fenders, fuel tanks, etc... the Vics look much more modern... they might have radial tires too. Lots of advantages and differences when starting with a clean slate like Victory did. The Vics look clean like the Honda Fury.
Attachments
Sportster_XL1200N_Nightster.jpg
Sportster_XL1200N_Nightster.jpg (31.15 KiB) Viewed 11526 times

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#19 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

New bike up on the Cool Wall tomorrow! (Every Friday)

What is it going to be? Make sure to check it out torrow and vote.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#20 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

As of Friday morning:

Your Coolness Factor of the 2011 Victory Zach Ness Vegas is...

Awesome 43%
Cool 36%
Uncool 21%
Fail 0%

Looks like you really think the 2011 Victory Zach Ness Vegas is a awesome bike so far.