Hi from Fayetteville Georgia

ZRex
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

Hi from Fayetteville Georgia

#1 Unread post by ZRex »

This is a great site, glad to be on here.

I ride a 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R that I bought new, literally still in the box in February 2002. There are two great things about having a brother 5 years older than you, when you are 10 and get in a fight at school you realize getting hit by a 10 year old kid is no big deal compared to you're brother and his friends hitting you, which makes you're friends think you are tough, the other great thing is that I got to do things way before I was old enough, like riding his motorcycle, so I have gone from riding his early 80's Honda CR80 to almost 30 years later riding a ZRX1200R with a few bikes in between. Most of the bike's I have owned were nothing special except to me, like a XR70 that vibrated so much it blistered both of my hands so badly I could not write, although I still rode the next day (with gloves), I had a KE 100 that had a bent fork, the bars actually turned to the left several inches when you were going straight, a KLX250 that everything seemed to break at once, but thankfully I can't complain about anything on my ZRX, everything just works like it is supposed to, anyway this really is a great site.

ZRex
Elite
Elite

Re: Hi from Fayetteville Georgia

#2 Unread post by ZRex »

z.jpg
z.jpg (96.11 KiB) Viewed 5564 times
Here is a picture of my bike from the honda hoot in 2003. I know its old, but I don't have many new pictures of it, one day soon I will take some after I wash it.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#3 Unread post by HYPERR »

ZRex wrote: I ride a 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
How did I know that before you even posted.... :mrgreen:

Welcome to the site. I always liked the ZRex, especially in the lime green. :kicking:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#4 Unread post by Gummiente »

Welcome to TMW!
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)

#5 Unread post by fireguzzi »

welcome from Covington GA! Always wanted a zrex. Have fun in the forums.
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#6 Unread post by sunshine229 »

:welcome:

Gorgeous bike, I always liked that one!
Andrea :sun:

Joe_F
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 45
My Motorcycle: Custom V-twin

#7 Unread post by Joe_F »

:welcome:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

ZRex wrote:This is a great site, glad to be on here.

I ride a 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R that I bought new, literally still in the box in February 2002. There are two great things about having a brother 5 years older than you, when you are 10 and get in a fight at school you realize getting hit by a 10 year old kid is no big deal compared to you're brother and his friends hitting you, which makes you're friends think you are tough, the other great thing is that I got to do things way before I was old enough, like riding his motorcycle, so I have gone from riding his early 80's Honda CR80 to almost 30 years later riding a ZRX1200R with a few bikes in between. Most of the bike's I have owned were nothing special except to me, like a XR70 that vibrated so much it blistered both of my hands so badly I could not write, although I still rode the next day (with gloves), I had a KE 100 that had a bent fork, the bars actually turned to the left several inches when you were going straight, a KLX250 that everything seemed to break at once, but thankfully I can't complain about anything on my ZRX, everything just works like it is supposed to, anyway this really is a great site.

Ahhh, I so envy you owing the ZRX1200R... that's one of the bikes that has always been on my short list. How is the performance and handling of it?

Sounds like you have a lot of background knowledge, experience and good little pearls of wisdom to share, I look forward to reading more!

:welcome2:

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ZRex
Elite
Elite

#9 Unread post by ZRex »

Thank you, I love my ZRX, the performance is great especially the torque, it has low RPM torque similar to a big V-twin, but revs like a inline four. The handling is of course heavier than a lightweight 600, but it's pretty good, (great if you have never ridden a 600), but I love riding it in the mountains. I don't know how much wisdom I have to share, but I have been around motorcycles my entire life, which is weird because my dad hates them, but my Grandfather, brother, cousin (who I taught) and uncle have ridden for years.