wildmongoose
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: 2009/Honda/Shadow Spirit 750c2

New rider to Total Motorcycle (TMW) from Atlanta, Georgia

#1 Unread post by wildmongoose »

I am a new member from Atlanta, Georgia and hope to provide some good topics eventhough I
am new to motorcycling :P

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: New to TRW

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

:welcome: to the TMW community and to motorcycling!

Tell us more about yourself, why you got into motorcycling and how you are finding it.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

wildmongoose
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: 2009/Honda/Shadow Spirit 750c2

Re: New to TMW

#3 Unread post by wildmongoose »

I have always had a curiosity about motorcycles; have friends with bikes and I decided that it was time to do it. I begin by taking the Motorcycle Safety Course at Harley Davidson in Atlanta which I recommend for all interested riders. Now I am hooked.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

wildmongoose wrote:I ment to say TMW don't have any Idea what TRW mean. I have always had a curiosity about motorcycles; have friends with bikes and I decided that it was time to do it. I begin by taking the Motorcycle Safety Course at Harley Davidson in Atlanta which I recommend for all interested riders. Now I am hooked.
Sounds like you started off on the right road to a long and fun "career" in motorcycling! The Motorcycle Safety Course is the perfect way to not only learn quite a lot of new things in a short amount of time but it also boosts new riders confidence too. Did you take a 3 day or weekend or week course? How did you find it? (you can answer those in a different thread, maybe the New Bikers Forum as it would spur a lot of interest).

It's great when you have friends who ride as well, riding alone is fine, and even when you have friends who ride it's nice to ride solo to get away from it all. But riding in a group is really neat too. If I may add as you are new, never let a group push you beyond what you are comfortable with, it's easy to go faster and faster without knowing it.

Again, welcome to the community! Have fun, post as many questions (or reply) as you like.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

Re: New rider to Total Motorcycle (TMW) from Atlanta, Georgi

#5 Unread post by sunshine229 »

:welcome:

How are you enjoying riding?

I didn't realise Harley-Davidson offered MSF courses!
Andrea :sun:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

wildmongoose wrote:I have always had a curiosity about motorcycles; have friends with bikes and I decided that it was time to do it. I begin by taking the Motorcycle Safety Course at Harley Davidson in Atlanta which I recommend for all interested riders. Now I am hooked.
I'm courious since Sunshine229 mentioned it, the Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Safery Course, what bikes did they have to learn on?

Mike

ibswooft
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: 2008 Honda VTX 1800T, 2008 KTM 450 SXF

#7 Unread post by ibswooft »

From what I know(not much), some of the HD dealers are using the Buell Blast.

ZRex
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

#8 Unread post by ZRex »

Welcome from another Georgian, have fun and be safe.