Odd or Strange food...

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#11 Unread post by MZ33 »

Grandpa's Cheese Barn, exit 186 on I-71, near Ashton, OH. First floor is nearly all the little please-spend-your-life-dusting-me knicknacks the world has to offer, and on the second floor: cheese, pickles, spreads, and samples of just about everything. Sage cheese-it's green. Maple syrup cheddar--Mom & I dig that one, and bought the last pound. :D And for Dad: garlic pickles, but also pickled garlic :laughing: . We sampled Blueberry cider, too. And to end our tour: grape popcorn, surprisingly good! Better than their homemade cheese popcorn, in fact. But that wouldn't have taken much. It was . . . moist! Ew!
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]

kawgurl
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

#12 Unread post by kawgurl »

MZ33 wrote:....grape popcorn, surprisingly good! Better than their homemade cheese popcorn, in fact. But that wouldn't have taken much. It was . . . moist! Ew!
LOL this just made me laugh and I had to comment. :laugh5:
[b]~Robyn~[/b]
'09 Kawi Nomad 1700

[i]"Sometimes the best communication happens when you're on separate bikes."[/i] ~Author Unknown

Theweapon52
Elite
Elite

Re: Odd or Strange food...

#13 Unread post by Theweapon52 »

dr_bar wrote:I was at Costco the other day and just had to try the spray on pancake and waffle batter. Worked and tasted well too.

Have you tried something a bit "Different" or "Strange" just to test it? Let us know of your experiments...

i have that same waffle iron :D

jaskc78
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: N/A

#14 Unread post by jaskc78 »

i lived in korea for a while and have had cooked silkworm larvae, dog, pickled eggs, "snake shots" of soju (snake is left in the bottle to slowly decompose and flavor the soju), and even had a little balut (philippines dish--preserved egg where the chick is usually half-developed when they bury the egg).

i've eaten other weird concoctions, but they were mostly dares so i'm not sure they count.
"Dude, women are like Vol-Tron. The more you can hook up the better it gets!" --RvB
Currently waiting on a new hip before I can get a new bike.

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#15 Unread post by MZ33 »

i've eaten other weird concoctions, but they were mostly dares
I'd hate to see what you would eat on a dare! :crazy:
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]

jaskc78

#16 Unread post by jaskc78 »

it's actually a pretty good way to make money if you ham it up the right way so they feel like you're selling your dignity for what they consider a pittance. it's like selling concert tickets. $5 ain't much at all, but $5 each for 10 guys is $50.
"Dude, women are like Vol-Tron. The more you can hook up the better it gets!" --RvB

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#17 Unread post by blues2cruise »

jaskc78 wrote:i lived in korea for a while and have had cooked silkworm larvae, dog, pickled eggs, "snake shots" of soju (snake is left in the bottle to slowly decompose and flavor the soju), and even had a little balut (philippines dish--preserved egg where the chick is usually half-developed when they bury the egg).

i've eaten other weird concoctions, but they were mostly dares so i'm not sure they count.
all I have to say is eeewwwwww.

You are a very brave person.

jaskc78

#18 Unread post by jaskc78 »

i've also eaten carious woodland critters and bugs/insects, but those were most recently part of a survival school so i don't think those count, either.

rabbit, squirrel, grasshoppers, grubs, worms, chipmunk, wild plants, etc.

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#19 Unread post by NorthernPete »

MZ33 wrote:Or spray 'em around a hotdog, put it all on a stick, roast it, and viola! you have pancake-dog-on-a-stick!

Leave the little hotdoggy ends sticking out, and you have pig-in-a-pancake-blanket! On a stick!!

Oh, the camp cuisine is just rockin' . . . :angel:
everything better on a stick. its like carnival food. check it out, corn batter hot dog, meh...

corn batter hot dog...ON A STICK. hells yeah!

flaming marshmellow, meh...

Flaming marshmellow......ON A STICK! YAY!!!

Half developed chicken embryo from korea, meh..

Half developed chicken embryo from korea....ON A STICK.....kinda sounds less gross.....kinda.

as for wierd food, Ive eaten moose that Ive hit with my car, thats about as wierd as I get.

and poutine....
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F