D-Wayne and Ned

Theweapon52
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by Theweapon52 »

Anyone ever heard of the book called " I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell"? If not, its about a guy who was a raging bread through out university and wrote a book about all of his stories. Pretty funny actually, ive only read 20 pages and i think i may read this through, its a first for me.

I don't read by the way.....

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#12 Unread post by Johnj »

Why not?
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Theweapon52
Elite
Elite

#13 Unread post by Theweapon52 »

Johnj wrote:Why not?

The only times ive ever read books was because i had to, i never really enjoyed what i was reading. Usually it was so i could get to the end and start the paper i had to write about whatever i was reading. My girlfriend picked this book up in vancouver while she was there and said that it was pretty popular. I was bored last night so i thought i would dig in.

Johnj
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#14 Unread post by Johnj »

Reading for pleasure...start a trend.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Theweapon52
Elite
Elite

#15 Unread post by Theweapon52 »

I am finally able to post about something related to motorcycles! If anyone has been reading my random posts i appreciate that you are still somewhat interested in what i have to say and that im not actually just talking to myself.

Anyways High_Side recommended a route to me that i decided to try, i took a bit longer way around but it was an awesome suggestion. There was still lots of snow every where, however the roads were dry, the sun was shining and it was finally warm enough to go for a decent ride.

along the shoulder of hwy 8

along the shoulder of hwy 66

the upper part of the elbow river

another shot of the elbow river

Theweapon52
Elite
Elite

#16 Unread post by Theweapon52 »

I bought a new camera today, sweet. I went out with a buddy and snapped a few pics; too windy to go for a ride. Anyways i picked up a nikon D60 and so far it seems to be working out quite well, although i think more experimentation will need to take place before i get a feel for my new toy.

a few shots from today:

Theweapon52
Elite
Elite

#17 Unread post by Theweapon52 »

I decided to make the most of my day off yesterday and take a bit of a longer ride, its supposed to keep raining steadily all week so i dont know if i will be able to get out again soon before i have to go back to work. Anyways speaking of rain, does anybody know some motor-sport specific companies that put out rain gear?, Im currently using some MEC stuff, works well just flaps around a lot in the wind.

I did a loop that i have ridden a few times, just brought the camera along to capture some of the scenery. It was pretty windy out and the wasn't much sun poking through the ominous looking clouds on the first half of my ride. After i stopped to take some pictures though the sun came out and it was an awesome finish to the day.

I stopped to take a photo of this horse on the side of the road but when i walked up the the fence he started to run away from me. Image

He started to warm up to me after a minute or two and carefully wandered over in my direction, still hiding behind some trees. Image

After about ten minutes or so he decided i wasn't a big enough threat to stop eating, so he kept on going with his business.

I took one last picture, and of course it had to include my bike :)

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#18 Unread post by High_Side »

I missed the part where you tried out my route until now. Looks like you were out pretty early judging by the snow....

Nice Blog.

Cheers,

High_Side

Theweapon52
Elite
Elite

#19 Unread post by Theweapon52 »

High_Side wrote:I missed the part where you tried out my route until now. Looks like you were out pretty early judging by the snow....

Yeah that ride was the first ride outside of the city for me, great suggestion for the route. I had forgotten that hwy 66 ran right by moose mountain, used to mountain bike there a lot.

Theweapon52
Elite
Elite

#20 Unread post by Theweapon52 »

I went out for a quick boot on monday, the weather was off and on again. It seems as though the weather will be pretty hit or miss for the remainder of the month, every time i check the weather reports there is rain somewhere in the mix. :frusty:

However i am still trying to squeeze in as many rides as possible, the odometer rolled over 1600 km when i rolled into my garage after the ride. i am pretty proud of myself for riding as much as i have been due to my work schedule and weather forecasts. When the weather is a bit more predictable i hope to take a ride over to victoria to spend a week or so, i haven't taken a vacation in awhile and i think im due.

Anyways a few pics from monday:

Fun stretch of road

Nice view from the shoulder of the highway

I wish i had taken this photo without the power lines in it, i didn't notice them until i got home and uploaded my photos onto my computer. Image