Needing some information....

ZX10R Kawasaki Girl
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

Needing some information....

#1 Unread post by ZX10R Kawasaki Girl »

Alright here are some of the pictures and we will go from there....

That is some of the pictures of my husbands wreck, but the thing is that a supposed to be friend rode the bike and did 6100.00 worth of damage and we put 400.00 to make it ridable again and it was on the road for 4 days and then my husband had his wreck.

What I really need to know is the plastic piece under the sub frame, what is that called? We have started breaking down the bike and going to fix it, we owe to much to just let it go. We bought the bike in 9/07, and on 6/08 our so called friend wrecked it, we got it ridable on 9/19/08 and then on 9/08, was the other wreck.....[/img]

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#2 Unread post by Wrider »

Are you talking about the plastic piece that's attached to the swingarm? That's the rear tire hugger.
Or are you talking about the piece underneath but attached to the subframe? That's just the undertail plastic. No specific name that I know of.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

wrecks
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: two wheeled vehicle

#3 Unread post by wrecks »

Wow what happened? Is he ok?
cag 50cc (pit bike)
91 Ninja 250 (sold)
2k6 GSXR 600 (taken out by cager)
2k6 XT 225
2k8 CBR 1000rr
2k9 DRZ 400sm

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#4 Unread post by Wrider »

wrecks wrote:Wow what happened? Is he ok?
viewtopic.php?t=32697
Here ya go... He's lucky he's up and walking as-is!
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

ZX10R Kawasaki Girl
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by ZX10R Kawasaki Girl »

Wrider wrote:Are you talking about the plastic piece that's attached to the swingarm? That's the rear tire hugger.
Or are you talking about the piece underneath but attached to the subframe? That's just the undertail plastic. No specific name that I know of.
So does that come with the subframe when you order it, or do you have to order that seperate, and if so what would it be classified as... Thanks for all the information, and support. We are trying to get it back together. We owe to much on it, to not get something out of it and we could not afford another one straight out. It is ashame that a so-called friend would do such a thing and then not repair what he did. But we have to move on, and I plan on taking him to court, going to go talk to the courts Monday. We were trying to see if he is going to do anything but obviousely not. So we have no other choice but to proceed and take him to court....Yeah my husband is up and walking and doing o.k., he still needs a couple of surgery's but he is going to try to wait until summer is out. His injury's were shattered Right Pelvis with Iliac Tore and internal bleeding, and then right tib/fib break right below the knee, crushed right heel, and left compound tib/fib break at the ankle. So yeah he is lucky, he coded twice from Richmond, KY to Lexington, Ky a 20 minute ride. I was at the house, because we had just come back from town riding, and I got off the bike and went into the house because our kids were on the way home. He wrecked a mile or two down the road, so a friend came and told me and he was face down on the culvert that stopped him, and he was telling me that he loved me that he was not going to make it, and for me to take care of the kids. Then I went back to the house and got my car and went straight to U.K. hospital. There I got to see him for about 45 min. and they were squeezing two bags of blood, as they were taking him to surgery his BP was 90/53. We then set for hours to see if he was going to make it, he was in a medicated coma for 2 1/2 days. Six surery's later and a month to date in the hospital, 9/23/08 -- 10/23/08...we went home. But we have been through a lot and just trying to ge things fixed to be able to ride again. If I can ride again, LOL, been having panic attacks, and flash backs of his wreck. I was there the whole time. I went back to work this week, but I have been home taking care of him, I have medical training. Spent the whole month in the hospital, while family kept the kids.....

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#6 Unread post by Wrider »

Wow... I'm glad he's ok... That's crazy.
As far as the plastic piece I'm honestly not sure...
Best I can tell from Suzuki's online service bulletins is that it's called an underseat frame cover. But that just doesn't sound right. I'd have your service tech buddy take a look at it, and I'll ask my boss tomorrow what they call it.

ZX10R Kawasaki Girl
Rookie
Rookie

#7 Unread post by ZX10R Kawasaki Girl »

Wrider wrote:Wow... I'm glad he's ok... That's crazy.
As far as the plastic piece I'm honestly not sure...
Best I can tell from Suzuki's online service bulletins is that it's called an underseat frame cover. But that just doesn't sound right. I'd have your service tech buddy take a look at it, and I'll ask my boss tomorrow what they call it.
Thanks I would really appreciate it, we are on a tight budget due to me taking care of husband, and not being able to work...