My Buell

XB08
Legendary
Legendary
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by XB08 »

A friend has a 07 Blast trouble free. I had a honda that I had alot of trouble with. So as I always say, sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bears eats you.

XB08
Legendary
Legendary

Bad Day

#12 Unread post by XB08 »

Yesterday I had one of those days, had a real good time riding , went to the local K-mart and the day turn to crap. Went to stop to pull into a parking spot, put down my foot righton a rock. There gose my foot, over went the bike. Good thing the bike is only 400lbs I would hate trying to pick up a goldwing.Had to replace a rider foot peg. Well boys and girls for now on I am looking where i put my foot down.

kuz
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#13 Unread post by kuz »

I went with the Blast for my first bike. Got out on Tuesday for my second ride and I'm loving it. They make some great looking bikes, and will probably end up on the list for the second bike once I get a whole lot of time and miles under my belt.

redb1ker
Regular
Regular

'03 XB9s

#14 Unread post by redb1ker »

I owned an XB9s for a couple of years. I did do some long trips on it. I loved it but, you are right. Every 75 miles I had to stop to put my feet down. I would be a cobbled up the next day but, the motorcycle is so much fun that I couldn't help but hobble out to it and throw a leg over. They have the low down torque and are very flickable. Man, could I do corners. I am not ashamed to talk about them. After the sale of the XB I needed a new motorcycle that I could purchase for around $3k cash, so I picked up a '99 X1. Also a fun motorcycle. I am a big fan of the motorcycle, not the seating position. Have a look at the header on my blog www.ridesafe.today.com . That is a Buell chopper custom. I would love to take one for a ride. I don't think the seating position will be any more comfortable. I also think the Blast is a GREAT starter motorcycle. I would consider having one as a second. The price is right. I believe that a person can find one with low miles for $2400-$2600 and ride it for a season or two and get most of the purchase price back.
Jay T.
www.ridesafe.today.com