What's the weirdest thing you've encountered on a bike trip?

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#21 Unread post by MZ33 »

An older gentlemen, appearing to be in his seventies, sitting on a large red scooter in the grass, wearing a white sleeveless undershirt and boxers, with his hair askew, as if he had just rolled out of bed. I waved, he waved, and only after I had ridden past did it dawn on me, "How odd . . . "
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#22 Unread post by dr_bar »

MZ33 wrote:
A couple having sex as they road through Manning Park at about 12:00AM, (Way back in the '70's)
Were they on a bike? 'cuz I'm really impressed if they were.

Oh yes, and moving...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#23 Unread post by MZ33 »

Yup, I'm impressed!! :puzzled: :humm: And, um, can't quite figure out the logistics, but I'll leave that one alone. :oops::oops: :wink:
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]

joolz
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: '09 VN900 Custom

#24 Unread post by joolz »

Don't know if it's weird but the guy in front stopped to look- a flock or swarm or whatever- of bats Hundreds of them I've never seen so many except on the TV
I kiss my dog on the mouth

Nibblet99
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond

#25 Unread post by Nibblet99 »

Well I must admit, the christmas tree in my lane of the dual carriageway, took me by surprise, but I have to say "other bikers" wins hands down.

90% of bikers you just pull over at a cafe and chat to, are fine, but there are some right basket cases out there

Personally though I think the person who'd added spikes to their gear (which appeared to be made out of gaffer tape), and had blatently stuck that shiny plastic which is supposed to look like metal in kids toys, onto his bike, is the clear winner so far.
Starting out responsibly? - [url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=24730]Clicky[/url]
looking for a forum that advocates race replica, 600cc supersports for learners on public roads? - [url=http://www.google.com]Clicky[/url]

Schmink
Regular
Regular

#26 Unread post by Schmink »

My SO and I have come across quite a few things. ..the regular squirrels, and rabbits. . .deer crossing the road (which I'm sure alot of you have seen) but the most surprising was the bird that hit us in the middle of Arizona on the freeway!! Took us both by surprise, as well as a couple of cages near us! You should have seen their faces!
Schmink
2008 V-Star 1100 Custom

RocketGirl
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Virago 250

#27 Unread post by RocketGirl »

Remnants of big road kill; just a spine and a few ribs left (all bones, no flesh) :shock:

shalihe74
Legendary
Legendary

#28 Unread post by shalihe74 »

My initial thought was "the dead javalina outside of Bagdad, AZ". Which isn't really that odd, because Bagdad is fairly rural...

And then I remembered the dead horse... just outside of Phoenix. Anyone who has headed out to Yarnell from the west side of Phoenix knows that you can take 99th Ave (Lake Pleasant Rd) out to the Carefree Highway and that it is a relatively well-traveled, populous route. We're not talking dense population, or anything, but... you can see houses all around the whole way out.

Which is why it was so very odd to be riding out, maybe a mile past the last stop light, and see a... what the...? was that a... ? No, I think it... what the heck is a dead horse doing hooves-up on the side of the road?!
[b][i]"Good girls go to heaven. Bad ones go to hell. And girls on fast bikes go anywhere they want." [/i]

2009 Triumph Sprint ST - daily commuter
2006 Triumph Daytona 675 - track bike
1999 Suzuki SV650 - track training bike[/b]

sv-wolf
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Honda Fireblade, 2004: Suzuki DR650, 201

#29 Unread post by sv-wolf »

A dead cow lying on a deserted mountain road near Kalka, in northern India. The animal's eyes were open and the look of sheer disbelief on its face was extraordinary. As I came round the bend it was staring straight at me.

Because there is almost no other horizontal land up there in the Himalayas cows spend their entire lives wandering along the roads. My guess is that it had fallen from the edge of another road higher up the mountain. Three vultures were hopping about when I arrived and beginning experimentally to tear it apart.

The road was narrow and cut into the side of a near vertical rock wall. That meant, to get past it, I had to ride along the very edge of the cliff. I don't want to have to do that too often.

A local later told me that the number of cows that fall to their deaths annually in India is the same as number of people who die annually from coconuts falling on their heads - Hmmmm! You think he was pulling my leg? :laughing:
Hud

“Man has no right to kill his brother. It is no excuse that he does so in uniform: he only adds the infamy of servitude to the crime of murder.”
Percy Bysshe Shelley

SV-Wolf's Bike Blog

Funderbird
Veteran
Veteran

6 guys on sport bikes

#30 Unread post by Funderbird »

I was traveling down the I-5 between the border check point and oceanside, I was doing about 65-70 (due to the cold) and low and behold there where 6 guys ridin differant sport bikes in the center lane on one wheel. The first one that past was not unussual I see guys pulling wheelies on the freeway all the time. But this was wild, they where in staggard formation about ten feet apart. #1 goes by, gives a wave then 2,3,4,5,6 all doing wheelies. I almost swerved on to the shoulder, Then continued on for a good 1/2 mile until they started putting them down. It looked like a dance routine. The guy at the front placed it down and changed lane then they all followed suit. It was the strangest thing I had seen in my short time on a bike. I tried to pull up to them, but M50 verses sport bikes, uh no, they sped up to over 100 and were gone over the hill.

Speaking of wheelies, I hate it when guys pull them right next to me. That sudden burst of rev...whhheenn then I see a wheel up at the coner of my eye...Freaks me out...Don't be the wheelie guy in my bubble...
2007 Boulevard M50 Limited edition