Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male

#31 Unread post by Kaiser Soze »

Thanks for the posts, guys. :)

Dennis316
Rookie
Rookie

#32 Unread post by Dennis316 »

Seetrout wrote:I really like tha 250 Hornet.
Great starter bike.
It's a real live four cyl too.

you forgot the most important thing about it...it redlines at :shock: :shock: 18500rpm...why dont we get any of the cool small bore bikes in the states

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#33 Unread post by Sev »

Because American's have small penises. So they need big bikes to make up for it.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

Mr. Shupe
Rookie
Rookie

#34 Unread post by Mr. Shupe »

dean owens wrote:over on bikez.com someone wrote:

125 km/h no wind, flat road. 135 km/h wind and road slope on my side.

i'm in the u.s. so i don't know how fast that is :roll: but there's an answer for you. not sure if it's true though. just sharing what i've found.
To convert kph to mph, just take the kph figure and multiply by .62. 125 times .62 is 77.5 (or 78 rounded).

Mr. Shupe
Rookie
Rookie

#35 Unread post by Mr. Shupe »

Sev wrote:Because American's have small penises. So they need big bikes to make up for it.
The macho thing really annoys me. A friend and I were talking about bikes we wanted and I lamented the relatively limited selection of smaller displacement sport bikes (250-500cc). My pal says, "a 250? That's tiny man. A 250 would be slow like a Geo Metro."

The Geo part has got to be bullshit. Anyway, when I have the money for a bike and a place to keep one, crazy power won't be my concern. I'd rather have something that I can handle easily and play with in the curves. That's how I like cars too. I'd rather have a 914 or Boxster instead of a Viper.

C'mon Kawasaki! Re-skin the little Ninjas. You updated the KLR didn't you?!

Seetrout
Elite
Elite

#36 Unread post by Seetrout »

Sev wrote:Because American's have small penises. So they need big bikes to make up for it.
Why are you looking at my pencil?
Familiarity breeds contempt.

2004 Honda 599

Mr. Shupe
Rookie
Rookie

#37 Unread post by Mr. Shupe »

Mr. Shupe wrote:C'mon Kawasaki! Re-skin the little Ninjas. You updated the KLR didn't you?!
Oh my God! They freakin' did it!

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/detail ... troduction

Well, when the time comes, I know what bike I am going to buy. :D

jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#38 Unread post by jonnythan »

Mr. Shupe wrote:
The macho thing really annoys me. A friend and I were talking about bikes we wanted and I lamented the relatively limited selection of smaller displacement sport bikes (250-500cc). My pal says, "a 250? That's tiny man. A 250 would be slow like a Geo Metro."

The Geo part has got to be bullshit. Anyway, when I have the money for a bike and a place to keep one, crazy power won't be my concern. I'd rather have something that I can handle easily and play with in the curves. That's how I like cars too. I'd rather have a 914 or Boxster instead of a Viper.

C'mon Kawasaki! Re-skin the little Ninjas. You updated the KLR didn't you?!
Next time you can tell him that the Ninja 250 will do the 1/4 mile in the same time as a Mustang GT or WRX and hit 60 mph less than half a second after either of those.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnythan/sets/]Flickr.[/url]