engine oil

MotoF150
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#31 Unread post by MotoF150 »

when you have Amsoil in ur engine there is NO metal particals cause there is NO WEAR! and NO WEAR on the clutch friction plates, and there is no blow-by cause the oil seals and coats the cyl walls even under heat and extreme pressure. Amsoil has torn down tons and tons of engines and measured NO WEAR when Amsoil was used in the engine, There are tons and tons of documented stories of semi truck drivers that used Amsoil that they lost all the oil from a oil leak and the engine kept running and running with no wear. This oil becomes part of the metal, go to www.amsoil.com and look at the " 4 ball wear test" and Amsoil comes on top, and they test all major brand name oil and they don't even come close to Amsoil. Name ONE other major brand motor oil that tests their oil with other brands, none of them do that cause they know they will lose to Amsoil. I can't believe you have a 599 and you don't use Amsoil, what a shame!
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 09 Yamaha Tmax, 08 Suzuki King Quad 750

flynrider
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: '93 Honda Nighthawk 750

#32 Unread post by flynrider »

You are completely clueless. Given your demonstrated lack of knowledge about motorcycle mechanics, I have difficuluty believing that you are doing anything but parroting a bunch of hype. I know you're not capable of tearing down an engine to measure wear. Hell, you have trouble figuring out the best way to charge a battery :laughing:

Several years ago there was a magic addiitive that claimed to bond itself to metal and eliminate friction (sound familiar?). It was so good that the TV infomercials showed an airplane flying around without engine oil. Proof! I saw it on TV! (a website is just as good). Of course, scientists who study lubrication and metallurgy know that such claims were totally unfounded, but who cares? We all saw the "independent" tests. No matter that if it were true, we'd make engine parts with the stuff and eliminate oil altogether. Duh!

By the way, metal particles are the least part of oil contamination. Byproducts of combustion produce acids in the oil. If you leave the oil in your crankcase for ever, it'll eventually start eating your engine from the inside out. The only way to aviod this is to change your oil often.
There are tons and tons of documented stories ...
That line really killed me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Bikin' John
'93 Honda CB750 Nighthawk

qwerty
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#33 Unread post by qwerty »

If Amsoil is so slippery the engine doesn't wear, how does a wet clutch not slip?

I once did an article on an engine build. Make a change, dyno and road test. Make another change, etc. Switching from Castrol XLR to Castrol Synthetic gained something like 2.5% hp, 2.8% torque, and 7%mpg, and the mpg reflected the increase in brake specific fuel consumption. We also did oil analysis on a stationary industrial engine, XLR vs. Synthetic. I don't remember the exact hours before each oil began showing significant degradation, but Synthetic lasted about twice as long, mileagewise. Timewise (low miles), oil type didn't seem to make much difference in acid buildup.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

MotoF150
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#34 Unread post by MotoF150 »

ur talking about Castrol Synethic, thats not the same as Amsoil Synethic, just because it says synethetic doesnt mean its better, to legally qualify as a synethic oil all the oil molecules must be exactly the same, other manufactures can bottle roofing tar and call it a synethic as long as every molecule of that roofing tar is exactly the same, Amsoil lists the ingredents of their oil, others do not. Amsoil tested other synethic brands and many tested worse than non-synethic oil, the only other brand of synethic thats good, or comes close as good as Amsoil is Mobil 1. PLEASE!!! TRY Amsoil, just try it and you will wake up and believe, and I never said Amsoil is slippery, and what causes clutch slippage is the hydrocarbon deposits, dirt, that gets in-bedded and sticks to the fiber plates of the clutch, Amsoil cleans and disolves those deposits so the plates are as clean as new, pleasse try it once I thought the same way, thinking Amsoil was full of it, then I tryed it and I was AMAZED!! my eyes were open, I couldnt believe any oil could make such a big difference, try it~

jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#35 Unread post by jonnythan »

MotoF150 wrote:ur talking about Castrol Synethic, thats not the same as Amsoil Synethic, just because it says synethetic doesnt mean its better, to legally qualify as a synethic oil all the oil molecules must be exactly the same, other manufactures can bottle roofing tar and call it a synethic as long as every molecule of that roofing tar is exactly the same, Amsoil lists the ingredents of their oil, others do not. Amsoil tested other synethic brands and many tested worse than non-synethic oil, the only other brand of synethic thats good, or comes close as good as Amsoil is Mobil 1. PLEASE!!! TRY Amsoil, just try it and you will wake up and believe, and I never said Amsoil is slippery, and what causes clutch slippage is the hydrocarbon deposits, dirt, that gets in-bedded and sticks to the fiber plates of the clutch, Amsoil cleans and disolves those deposits so the plates are as clean as new, pleasse try it once I thought the same way, thinking Amsoil was full of it, then I tryed it and I was AMAZED!! my eyes were open, I couldnt believe any oil could make such a big difference, try it~
What was the top speed on your bike before and after Amsoil?
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnythan/sets/]Flickr.[/url]

MotoF150
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#36 Unread post by MotoF150 »

Before Amsoil my 03 Suzuki DRZ400S top speed was 82 MPH, AFTER Amsoil it increased to 95MPH, My 05 Suzuki M50 before Amsoil top speed was 98, AFTER AMSOIL its 105MPH, My 06 Suzuki Eiger top speed was 50, but after Amsoil its 55MPH, ( please note the Eiger is a gear drive, wet clutch ATV engine, you will not get any increase on a belt drive ATV that doesn't use a wet clutch) Test ur bike on a set course and measure its top speed, then switch to Amsoil, give the bike around 100 miles use for the Amsoil to fully lube and break in to the engine then measure ur top speed on the same course again, I PROMICE YOU, you will see an increase in ur top speed. Don't listen to the guy that owns the 52hp Mean Streak about the rev limiter cutting out the top speed, the rev limiter measures rpm's, ur getting a higher top speed cause ur getting NO CLUTCH SLIPPAGE and you will get a higher top speed at less rpm's. The only claim im making is no or less clutch slippage, no or less clutch slippage is the reason you will increase ur top speed.

MotoF150
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#37 Unread post by MotoF150 »

The oil molecules in Amsoil are all exactly made with the same oil and all are exactly the same size and they are much smaller in size than the molecules in reg motor oil, or regular motor oil has molecules that are different in size and are made up of different oil, they are not pure. Think of a room in ur house as an engine oil pan and the oil passages or the oil flowing thru the engine has to flow thru a small window in that room in ur house. Amsoil Synthetic Oil all the molecules are ping pong balls and they move evenly and quickly thru the window, but regular motor oil is made of some ping pong balls, footballs, baseballs, basketballs and beach balls, whats going to happen? Those different size balls are not going to flow quicky thru a small window and maybe the basketballs and the beach balls won't fit at all, oil is being squeezed between two clutch plates, with regular motor oil some of the basketballs or beach balls may get in there and make a bigger gap, or an uneven gap between the clutch plates causing it to slip, also hydrocarbon deposits become inbedded into the fiber plates and stay there causing more slippage, im explaining this the best way I can, use Amsoil no clutch slippage.