Honda 599 New to Now

Malice
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

#161 Unread post by Malice »

Sevulturus wrote: Long term, I'd like to have a little house with a BIG garage, where some of the locals can stop by with a busted bike to borrow tools, or get some help/advice. Or alternately drop it off and get it fixed (for a price). Hopefully turn it into a local hangout or something.
Don't forget to sell Burgers too.

Skier
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

#162 Unread post by Skier »

Sevulturus wrote:I've put a lot of thought into that. What I've been envisioning is more like a real job + this. I've got a handful of places to potentially work, and on my days off take on one or two bikes for extra money. I'd get to pick and choose what kind of work I'm doing, and I'd get to pick and choose how much of it.

Plus I'll be able to do everything that I want on my bike.

Long term, I'd like to have a little house with a BIG garage, where some of the locals can stop by with a busted bike to borrow tools, or get some help/advice. Or alternately drop it off and get it fixed (for a price). Hopefully turn it into a local hangout or something.

Just vague plans, but it might work out well if I'm lucky.
Sounds great to me. Might want to get a business-oriented person's advice on it, though. Still, I think it sounds great. 8)
[url=http://www.motoblag.com/blag/]Practicing the dark and forgotten art of using turn signals since '98.[/url]

velvet elvis
Rookie
Rookie

#163 Unread post by velvet elvis »

hey there sev (and everybody else),

just read your blog, and i have a similar problem that you have had. not much backside padding. no matter how much weight i gain, i still have a bony "O Ring".

so, my question is, have you done anything about the seat? or, did you just put up with it? ive noticed that about an hour into a ride, my right cheek starts to hurt. after a little bit of squirming it moves into my right leg and eventually both legs and cheeks. its very disconcerting. i love my 599 and really love riding it, but i cant do long miles like this. any suggestions would be much appreceated (sp).

love your blog, keep it up and good luck in school.....

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#164 Unread post by Sev »

I don't know where you live, but there are a handful of places in the UK that will recover your seat with new foam for a decent price. The guys over at the Hornet's Nest can point you in the right direction. Additionally, Bagster makes a replacement seat.

Also there are some shops in your town that can probably fix your seat as well, replace the foam etc, I'm thinking about having it done, but that'd mean no riding... so it'll have to wait until this winter. Right now I just man up and take the pain.

I've noticed that my seat is starting to break in where I usually sit, the foam is molding to my butt. So it's a little more comfortable for a little longer, but yeah, it still sucks at a seat. Like riding a 2X6 with rounded corners.

I've tried a lambskin on top, but all that does is add a little padding to the same pressure points, it doesn't move them around, so it still hurts... just takes a little longer to start hurting.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

velvet elvis
Rookie
Rookie

#165 Unread post by velvet elvis »

i live in sacramento and have found a couple of places like corbin and mustang, but like you said, i would have to send in my seat and not get it back for about 3-4 weeks. not gonna happen right now...

been to the hornest nest for a while now and even got a shirt from there. shoulda get the bike a hornet and not the 599.

have a great time riding this summer....

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#166 Unread post by Sev »

Got SIX people together for a group ride, AND I took my Camera!!!!

This is:

Bubbagump, Karatechick, Karatechick's friend (Therap), Chok447, Malice, and Myself

Meeting up at UofA parking lot

Bikes of: Karatechick, Bubbagump, Sevulturus, Malice

Malice and his bike

Therap shows up

Chok447 shows up

We headed to The Garage (the long way) took about an hour to get there, for some food.

Left to right: Bubbgump, Karatechick, Therap, Chok447, Sevulturus, and Malice
bikes: Honda VTX1300, Kawasaki ZZR250, Suzuki Savage, Kawasaki Ninja 636, Honda 599, Suzuki Marauder

The Sun Came Out!

Malice's boots match his bike!

Malice, Jim, and Karatechick

Jim is the owner of the Garage, and LOVES having the bikes show up, it draws in all kinds of people off the street. And they look sooo nice, lol.

We took a quick ride to Fort Sask, then went our separate ways. About 180km all told

This was SOOO much fun. I cannot wait to do it again. And it's really neat watching the other riders.
Last edited by Sev on Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '06 Suzuki GSX-R 750

#167 Unread post by VermilionX »

cool! 8)
Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

skoebl
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#168 Unread post by skoebl »

Ewwww....Safeway :laughing: :laughing:

I love seeing bikes all lined up like that. Particularly when they are all different types. Nothing quite like bridging the "gap" between sport-bike riders and cruiser riders.
SV650 K6 <---Suuper Awsome bike

[quote="V4underme"]
If I didn't feel like a monkey &*$%ing a football when I sat on a sporty, I'd probably own one.[/quote]

Malice
Veteran
Veteran

#169 Unread post by Malice »

"Quick ride to Fort Sask".

It only took about another hour, so if by quick, you mean long and out of the way, then yes.

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#170 Unread post by Sev »

Looks like a short ride to me.